- RS232 accessory module for adding RS232 to your development project with gen4 Series display modules
- Can be interfaced to your project with gen4-MOTG-A1, -AC2 or AC3 board
- Modules-on-the-Go (MOTG) form factor
- Can be interfaced to a breadboard or wired to another host with the MOTG-BREADTOOTH interface board.
RS232 is a standard communication port for various industry and networking equipment. However, most of the microcontrollers do not facilitate direct RS232 communication as they do not support RS232 voltage levels.
MOTG-RS232 provides a low power, high speed and low cost solution for incorporating RS232 serial communication to your design.
About Modules on the Go (MOTG)
MOTG, Modules on the Go is a concept from 4D Systems revolutionizing embedded design allowing instant and flexible hardware expansion solution.
MOTG modules offer a simple plug and play interface to Universal MOTG BUS (UMI) allowing rapid assembly and maintenance. This removes the hassle of having to solder and end up with a wiring nest. It also allows the designer to easily remove the existing module or add another module instead, which could be very useful during the phase of prototyping.
Importantly, MOTG series was designed with careful consideration for space with its compact and low profile design.
Detailed Features of MOTG-RS232
- Level conversion using ST232CDR IC by ST
- Supports both 3.3V and 5V power supply
- Up to 400kbps data rate
- ±25V input levels
- 300 μA supply current
- 6 V/μs minimum slew rate
- Supports 2-wire 3.3V/5V TTL UART interface (the logic depends on the supply)
The MOTG-RS232 includes the following items:
- MOTG-RS232 Module