- 4.3", 480x272 pixels, Intelligent Display TFT-LCD Module with embedded Picaso processor and Hardware Interface for Arduino.
- Suitable for fast and easy integration of any application or product being developed with the Arduino.
- Includes Arduino Adaptor Shield II for easy hardware interface to an Arduino.
- Starter Kits available for first time users.
- See product description below for more details.
4.3" Arduino Display Module Pack
The uLCD-43PT-AR includes an Arduino Adpator Shield which is used to interface the uLCD-43PT Display with an Arduino, to provide a quick and easy interface without any wiring hassles.
The Arduino Display Module Pack enables an Arduino user to quickly connect the 4D Arduino Adaptor Shield to their Arduino, connect the 5 way cable between the Adaptor and the Display Module, and be connected in seconds to start programming their new 4D Systems Display.
The uLCD-43PT-AR has a comprehensive ViSi-Genie Library for the Arduino, which provides a rapid programming experience for Arduino users, to create both simple and complex GUI's with ease. A Serial Library is also provided to easily interfeace to the Arduino, which prives an simple method to draw primitives such as lines, rectangles, circles and text, displaying images, playing sound and logging data to uSD card.
Utilises the Arduino's UART Serial Port and a single Digital pin.
For support relating specifically to the Arduino hardware/software, please refer to the Arduino Support Forum
For support relating to 4D Systems hardware or interfacing to an Arduino, please refer to the 4D Systems Support Forum
NOT RECOMMENDED FOR NEW DESIGNS - Please contact Sales for Questions/Concerns. Please refer to our gen4 range for alternate products.
Information about the display module
- 4.3” Intelligent LCD-TFT display module powered by Picaso processor
- 480 x 272 QVGA resolution, RGB 65K true to life colours, TFT screen
- Optional Integrated Touch Panel:Easy 5 pin interface to any host device:VCC, TX, RX, GND, RESET.Powered by the 4D-Labs PICASO processor (also available as separate OEM IC for volume users).
- P - Non-Touch
- PT - 4-Wire Resistive Touch (least sensitive; best used with stylus touch)
- PCT - Capacitive Touch (most sensitive; best used with finger touch)
- 14KB of Flash memory for user code storage and 14KB of SRAM for user variables
- 2 x Asynchronous hardware serial ports (COM0, COM1), TTL interface, with 300 to 600K baud
- 1 x I2C interface (Master)
- 8 x 16 bit timers with 1 millisecond resolution
- 13 x General Purpose I/O pins. Supports fast 8-bit parallel data transfer through Upper 8 bits
- On-board micro-SD memory card socket for multimedia and data logging with SDHC memory card support. A SPI compatible micro-SD card is required
- DOS compatible file access (FAT16 format) as well as low level access to card memory
- Dedicated PWM Audio pin supports FAT16 audio WAV files and complex sound generation
- On-board audio amplifier with a tiny 8Î© speaker for sound generation and WAV file playback
- Built in extensive 4DGL graphics and system library functions. For all available features and functions under the 4DGL programming language
- Display full colour images, animations, icons and video clips
- Supports all available Windows fonts
- 2 x 15 pin 0.1" Pitch SMT header for I/O expansion and future plug-in daughter boards
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply)
- Module dimensions: 105 x 67.3 x 15mm (including corner plates)
- Weighing ~ 89g
- Display Viewing Area: 95.0 x 53.9mm
- 4 x corner plates with 3mm holes for mechanical mounting
- RoHS Compliant
- CE Compliant (On modules with CE Mark)
The uLCD-43PT-AR includes the following items:
uLCD-43PT Intelligent Display Module
- 4D Arduino Adaptor Shield-II
150mm 5 way Female-Female jumper cable
5 way Male-Male adaptor
Getting Started Manual available as a Download
If you are a first time user and just beginning your development, we strongly recommend purchasing a Starter Kit of this same model as it includes additional items that allow you to get started with your development immediately.
Starter Kit part number is SK-43PT-AR.
Workshop4 is a comprehensive software IDE for Microsoft Windows that provides an integrated software development platform for all of the 4D family of processors and modules. The IDE combines the Editor, Compiler, Linker and Downloader to develop complete 4DGL application code.
All user application code is developed within the Workshop4 IDE.
Workshop4 includes four development environments for the user to choose based on application requirements or even user skill level.
This environment enables the user to write 4DGL code in its natural form to program the display module.
ViSi - Genie
An advanced environment that does not require any 4DGL coding at all. Everything is done automatically for you. Simply lay the display out with the objects you want (similar to ViSi), set the events to drive them and the code is written for you automatically. ViSi-Genie provides the latest rapid development experience from 4D Systems.
A visual programming experience that enables drag-and-drop type placement of objects to assist with 4DGL code generation and allows the user to visualise how the display will look while being developed.
This environment is also provided to transform the display module into a slave serial display module. It allows the user to control the display from any host microcontroller or device with a serial port.
SMART WIDGETS EDITOR
Smart Widgets Editor is a powerful utility which enables the generation of Smart Widgets.
- Users can create complex widgets with up to six layers, including the layer for the base image. The order of the layers can be arranged as desired.
- Each layer can contain one or more images arranged in sequence that can be manipulated in a variety of ways. Image manipulation options include horizontal motion, vertical motion, and angular motion. Additionally, the transparency of a layer can be set.
- Two or more layers can be linked to produce synchronized movements of images. This enables the generation of complex widgets with multiple moving parts. Clockwork feature is also supported. This enables users to quickly generate clock widgets.
- Each layer can have a numeric part which can display numbers in various fonts and formats. Alternatively, the numeric part can be a fixed sequence of text.
- The output frames can be utilized using any of the supported Workshop4 environments
Genie Magic is an extension to ViSi-Genie, which is available in Workshop4 PRO. Genie Magic allows the User to add 4DGL code to various points in the ViSi-Genie backend code, which allows Users to take full advantage of the power of 4DGL, while retaining the speed and convenience of ViSi-Genie and its defined communication protocol.
Genie Magic allows you to enter 4DGL code in the form of Events, Code and Objects, along with various touch related additions too, giving you to the power to achieve advanced GUI's in ViSi-Genie without having to write the full code yourself.
Genie Magic is fully supported by the genieArduino and geniePi libraries, making communication with an Arduino or Raspberry Pi host even more powerful.
When using Genie Magic in combination with the Smart Widget Editor, it is possible to use the Smart Widgets Editor tool and Smart Widgets to create other graphical user interface elements such as:
- Dropdown Menu
- Side Menu
- 'Carousel Slider'
- List Box
- Quarter-Rotary Menu
- Dock Menu
- Fading Slide-To-Unlock Button
- Spectrum With Transparency
- And Many Others