- Starter Kit for the uOLED-96-G2 SMART OLED Display Module
- This Starter Kit Includes everything needed to get started with 4D Display Modules.
- The Starter Kit is recommended for new projects and new users.
- See below for more deatails about features and what is included.
0.96" micro OLED Display
The uOLED-96G2 is a compact and cost effective display module using the latest state of the art Passive Matrix OLED (PMOLED) technology with an embedded GOLDELOX graphics processor that delivers 'stand-alone' functionality to any project.
Powerful graphics, text, image, animation and countless more features are built inside the GOLDELOX chip. The module is designed to work out of the box and you are now ready to write your code in 4DGL (a high level 4D Graphics Language) using the 4DGL-Workshop4 IDE (editor, compiler and downloader). This will save weeks even months of development time on your next embedded graphics project.
4DGL is a graphics oriented language allowing the developer to write applications in a high level language, syntax similar to popular languages such as BASIC, C and Pascal. The module offers modest but comprehensive I/O features that can interface to serial, analogue, digital, buttons, joystick, sound generation and Dallas 1-wire devices.
This module can be programmed using 3 different environments in the Workshop4 IDE. Designer, ViSi and Serial. Please refer to the Workshop4 Product Page for more information and documentation on these environments.
In short, the uOLED-96G2 offers one of the most flexible embedded graphics solutions available.
Information about the display module
- Low-cost OLED display graphics user interface solution.
- 96 x 64 resolution, 65K true to life colours, PMOLED screen.
- 0.96" diagonal size Active Area on the OLED Display.
- No back lighting with near 180° viewing angle.
- Easy 10 pin interface to any external device:
- 3.3Vout, IO2, GND, IO1, RESET, GND, RX, TX, +5V, 5V OUT.
- Powered by the 4D-Labs GOLDELOX graphics processor highly optimised for 4DGL, the high level 4D Graphics Language.
- 2 x GPIO ports supports:
- Digital I/O
- A/D converter with 8/10 bit resolution
- Complex sound generation
- Dedicated RTTTL tune engine
- Multi-Switch Joystick, Buttons
- Dallas 1-Wire
- 10K bytes of flash memory for user code storage and 510 bytes of RAM for user variables (255 x 16bit vars).
- 1 x Asynchronous hardware serial port, TTL interface, with 300 baud to 600K baud.
- On-board micro-SD memory card adaptor for storing of icons, images, animations, etc. Supports 64MB to 2GB micro-SD memory cards.A SPI compatible micro-SD card is required.
- Comprehensive set of built in high level 4DGL graphics functions and algorithms that can draw lines, circles, text, and much more.
- Display full colour images, animations, icons and video clips.
- Supports all available Windows fonts and characters (imported as external fonts).
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply).
- Module dimensions: 26 x 21 x 13.2mm.
- Weighing ~ 4.5g.
- Display Viewing Area: 20.1 x 13.4mm
- 4 x corner plates with 2mm holes for mechanical mounting.
- RoHS Compliant.
- CE Compliant (On Modules with CE Mark).
The SK-96G2 includes the following items:
uOLED-96-G2 Display Module
4GB Industrial microSD Card
uUSB-PA5-II Programming Adaptor
150mm 5 way Female-Female jumper cable with Male-Male adaptor
Quick Start User Guide Available as a download
The Starter Kit is recommended for any new projects and for new users as it includes everything needed to quickly start a project.
Workshop4 is a comprehensive software IDE for Microsoft Windows that provides an integrated software development platform for all of the 4D family of processors and modules. The IDE combines the Editor, Compiler, Linker and Downloader to develop complete 4DGL application code.
All user application code is developed within the Workshop4 IDE.
Workshop4 includes THREE development environments compatible with GOLDELOX modules for the user to choose based on application requirements, or even user skill level.
This environment enables the user to write 4DGL code in its natural form to program the display module.
A visual programming experience that enables drag-and-drop type placement of objects to assist with 4DGL code generation and allows the user to visualise how the display will look while being developed.
This environment is also provided to transform the display module into a slave serial display module. It allows the user to control the display from any host microcontroller or device with a serial port.