- 2.4", 240 x 320 Arduino IDE compatible Intelligent Display Module
- Includes Atmel ATMega32u4 and 4D Systems PICASO GPU
- Resistive Touch and WiFi Capabilities using built-in ESP8266 SoC
- See below for additional features and information
4Duino 2.4" TFT LCD IoT Display Module
The 4Duino is an ArduinoTM compatible display module with built in 240x320 resolution TFT LCD Display with Resistive Touch, and Wi-Fi capabilities, perfect for IoT (Internet of Things) Applications.
At the heart of 4Duino is an ATmega32U4 8-bit micro controller from Atmel. The same microcontroller is found on popular Arduino Leonardo. 4Duino features a 2.4” colour TFT LCD display, with resistive touch. It is powered by the feature-rich 4D Systems Picaso Graphics Processor, which offers an array of display functionality and options for any Designer/ Maker. In addition, the 4Duino features the popularESP8266 Wi-Fi module which is pre-programmed with the AT command set firmware, enabling the 4Duino to have many Wi-Fi capabilities right out of the box.
The 4Duino also features an on-board microSD connector, and headers in the layout of an Arduino, including power pins (5V, 3.3V, GND and VIN), 20 digital IO pins, of which 7 can be used PWM outputs and 12 pins have Analog input capabilities.
The 4Duino is easily programmable with the Workshop4 IDE and its 3 different 4Duino based development environments.
The Workshop4 IDE has new functionally added, and is now able to program the on board Atmel processor using the popular Arduino programming language, just like the popular Arduino IDE, but with the added dimension of graphics – with the aid of the 4D Systems Picaso GPU. Creating Arduino based GUI’s does not get any easier.
The 4Duino design has incorporated a TFT LCD Touchscreen Display and Wi-Fi solution with the intention of providing a flexible and hugely capable hardware platform. This will enable Markers and Designer to significantly improve the quality and the scope of their projects, and do so rapidly with the aid of the 4D Systems Workshop4 IDE.
For more information and projects, please visit www.4duino.com
NOTE: 4Duino comes with the main Through-Hole headers unmounted. These need to be soldered by the Customer. Please refer to the Datasheet for more information.
Information about the display module
- ATmega32U4 with
- 32KB Programmable Flash
- 2.5KB Internal SRAM
- 1KB Internal EEPROM
- UP to 16 MIPS Throughput
- Powerful 2.4” Intelligent LCD-TFT display module powered by PICASO with
- 14KB Programmable Flash
- 14KB Internal SRAM
- 240 x 320 Resolution, RGB 65K true to life colours, TFT LCD Display with integrated 4-wire Resistive Touch Panel.
- ESP8266 Wi-Fi Module with
- 802.11 b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Direct (P2P), soft-AP
- TCP/IP protocol stack
- 1MB Flash
- General Purpose I/O pins for user interfacing, which include
- 20 Digital IO pins
- of which 7 are capable of PWM
- and 12 are capable of Analog input
- On-board USB for powering the 4Duino and programming the ATmega32U4.
- 2x5 way header for programming Picaso and ESP8266 via a 4D Systems Programming Cable or Adaptor
- On-board latch type micro-SD memory card connector for multimedia storage and data logging purposes.
- DOS compatible file access (FAT16 format) as well as low level access to card memory.
- Display full colour images, animations, icons and video clips.
- Supports all available Windows fonts. 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply).
- 1x 5V DC Barrel Jack for Supply.
- Module dimensions: 72.8 x 53.3 x 14.6mm.
- Weighing ~36 g.
- Display Viewing Area: 36.72 x 48.96mm.
- RoHS and CE Compliant.
The 4Duino-24 includes the following items:
4Duino-24 - 2.4" Resistive Touch Display Module
Male and Female Headers
Getting Started Guide Available as a Download
If you are a first time user and just beginning your development, we strongly recommend purchasing a Starter Kit of this same model as it includes additional items that allow you to get started with your development immediately.
Starter Kit part number is SK-4Duino-24.
Workshop4 is a comprehensive software IDE for Microsoft Windows that provides an integrated software development platform for all of the 4D family of processors and modules. The IDE combines the Editor, Compiler, Linker and Downloader to develop complete 4DGL application code.
All user application code is developed within the Workshop4 IDE.
Workshop4 includes four development environments for the user to choose based on application requirements or even user skill level.
This environment enables the user to write 4DGL code in its natural form to program the display module.
ViSi - Genie
An advanced environment that does not require any 4DGL coding at all. Everything is done automatically for you. Simply lay the display out with the objects you want (similar to ViSi), set the events to drive them and the code is written for you automatically. ViSi-Genie provides the latest rapid development experience from 4D Systems.
A visual programming experience that enables drag-and-drop type placement of objects to assist with 4DGL code generation and allows the user to visualise how the display will look while being developed.
This environment is also provided to transform the display module into a slave serial display module. It allows the user to control the display from any host microcontroller or device with a serial port.
SMART WIDGETS EDITOR
Smart Widgets Editor is a powerful utility which enables the generation of Smart Widgets.
- Users can create complex widgets with up to six layers, including the layer for the base image. The order of the layers can be arranged as desired.
- Each layer can contain one or more images arranged in sequence that can be manipulated in a variety of ways. Image manipulation options include horizontal motion, vertical motion, and angular motion. Additionally, the transparency of a layer can be set.
- Two or more layers can be linked to produce synchronized movements of images. This enables the generation of complex widgets with multiple moving parts. Clockwork feature is also supported. This enables users to quickly generate clock widgets.
- Each layer can have a numeric part which can display numbers in various fonts and formats. Alternatively, the numeric part can be a fixed sequence of text.
- The output frames can be utilized using any of the supported Workshop4 environments
Genie Magic is an extension to ViSi-Genie, which is available in Workshop4 PRO. Genie Magic allows the User to add 4DGL code to various points in the ViSi-Genie backend code, which allows Users to take full advantage of the power of 4DGL, while retaining the speed and convenience of ViSi-Genie and its defined communication protocol.
Genie Magic allows you to enter 4DGL code in the form of Events, Code and Objects, along with various touch related additions too, giving you to the power to achieve advanced GUI's in ViSi-Genie without having to write the full code yourself.
Genie Magic is fully supported by the genieArduino and geniePi libraries, making communication with an Arduino or Raspberry Pi host even more powerful.
When using Genie Magic in combination with the Smart Widget Editor, it is possible to use the Smart Widgets Editor tool and Smart Widgets to create other graphical user interface elements such as:
- Dropdown Menu
- Side Menu
- 'Carousel Slider'
- List Box
- Quarter-Rotary Menu
- Dock Menu
- Fading Slide-To-Unlock Button
- Spectrum With Transparency
- And Many Others