- Starter Kit for gen4-IoD-24T
- 2.4", 240x320 pixel resolution Smart TFT LCD Module
- WiFi enabled with embedded ESP8266 SoC processor
- Resisitive Touch
- Suitable for easy to implement WiFi enabled GUI applications
gen4 Internet of Displays (IoD) Display Modules
The gen4-IoD (Internet of Displays) series of is part of the latest gen4 Range of modules Designed and Manufactured by 4D Systems.
The gen4 series was designed specifically for ease of integration and use, with careful consideration for space requirements and functionality.
This specific gen4 module features a 2.4” colour TFT LCD display, with Resistive Touch. It is powered by the WiFi enabled ESP8266, which offers an array of functionality and options for any Designer / Integrator / User.
The gen4-IoD range can be easily programmed using 4D Systems Workshop4 or the Arduino IDE installed with the ESP8266 core.
The feature rich 4D Systems GFX4d library enables speedy development of applications by providing extensive primitive graphics functions, enhanced graphics via Workshop4, SD card and touch routines, integrated into a single library.
The on-board SD card socket enables the use of FAT16 or FAT32 formatted cards for extensive storage capabilities.
The gen4-IoD series of Integrated Display Modules features a 10 pin ZIF socket, designed for a 10 pin FFC cable, for easy and simple connection to an application or mother board, or for connecting to accessory boards for a range of functionality advancements.
The gen4 series of modules has been designed to minimise the impact of display related circuitry, and provide a platform suitable for integration into a product. Application boards can sit flush on the back of the gen4 if required, as the display related electronics sit inside the plastic mounting base, leaving the application board surface clear for User circuitry.
Information about this gen4-IoD display module
- Powerful Intelligent LCD-TFT display module powered by the Espressif ESP8266 SoC.
- 2.4" 320 x 240 Resolution, RGB 65K true to life colours, TFT Screen with integrated 4-wire Resistive Touch Panel.
- Built in WiFi suitable for ‘Internet of things’ applications.
- 802.11 b/g/n/e/i support Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack
- WiFi 2.4 GHz, supporting WPA/WPA2 and WEP/TKIP/AES, along with STA/AP/STA+AP/P2P operation modes
- 4Mbit (512kb) of Flash memory for User Application Code and Data.
- 128Kb of SRAM of which 80kb is available for the User.
- 10 pin FFC connection, for all signals, power, communications and programming.
- On-board latch type microSD memory card connector for multimedia storage and data logging purposes.
- DOS compatible file access (FAT16 or FAT32 format).
- Display full colour images, animations, and icons.
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply).
- Module dimensions: 78.4 x 44.8 x 7.2mm
- Weight: ~26 g.
- 4x mounting tabs with 3.2mm holes for mechanical mounting using M3 screws.
- RoHS, REACH and CE compliant.
The SK-gen4-IoD-24T includes the following items:
- gen4-IoD-24T Display Module
- 4D-UPA Programming Adaptor
- 10-way FFC Cable
- 4GB Industrial microSD Card
If you are a first time user and just beginning your development, we strongly recommend purchasing this Starter Kit as it includes additional items that allow you to get started with your development immediately.
Workshop4 is a comprehensive software IDE for Microsoft Windows that provides an integrated software development platform for all of the 4D family of processors and modules. The IDE combines the Editor, Compiler, Linker and Downloader to develop complete 4DGL application code.
All user application code is developed within the Workshop4 IDE.
Workshop4 includes four development environments for the user to choose based on application requirements or even user skill level.
This environment enables the user to write 4DGL code in its natural form to program the display module.
ViSi - Genie
An advanced environment that does not require any 4DGL coding at all. Everything is done automatically for you. Simply lay the display out with the objects you want (similar to ViSi), set the events to drive them and the code is written for you automatically. ViSi-Genie provides the latest rapid development experience from 4D Systems.
A visual programming experience that enables drag-and-drop type placement of objects to assist with 4DGL code generation and allows the user to visualise how the display will look while being developed.
This environment is also provided to transform the display module into a slave serial display module. It allows the user to control the display from any host microcontroller or device with a serial port.
SMART WIDGETS EDITOR
Smart Widgets Editor is a powerful utility which enables the generation of Smart Widgets.
- Users can create complex widgets with up to six layers, including the layer for the base image. The order of the layers can be arranged as desired.
- Each layer can contain one or more images arranged in sequence that can be manipulated in a variety of ways. Image manipulation options include horizontal motion, vertical motion, and angular motion. Additionally, the transparency of a layer can be set.
- Two or more layers can be linked to produce synchronized movements of images. This enables the generation of complex widgets with multiple moving parts. Clockwork feature is also supported. This enables users to quickly generate clock widgets.
- Each layer can have a numeric part which can display numbers in various fonts and formats. Alternatively, the numeric part can be a fixed sequence of text.
- The output frames can be utilized using any of the supported Workshop4 environments
Genie Magic is an extension to ViSi-Genie, which is available in Workshop4 PRO. Genie Magic allows the User to add 4DGL code to various points in the ViSi-Genie backend code, which allows Users to take full advantage of the power of 4DGL, while retaining the speed and convenience of ViSi-Genie and its defined communication protocol.
Genie Magic allows you to enter 4DGL code in the form of Events, Code and Objects, along with various touch related additions too, giving you to the power to achieve advanced GUI's in ViSi-Genie without having to write the full code yourself.
Genie Magic is fully supported by the genieArduino and geniePi libraries, making communication with an Arduino or Raspberry Pi host even more powerful.
When using Genie Magic in combination with the Smart Widget Editor, it is possible to use the Smart Widgets Editor tool and Smart Widgets to create other graphical user interface elements such as:
- Dropdown Menu
- Side Menu
- 'Carousel Slider'
- List Box
- Quarter-Rotary Menu
- Dock Menu
- Fading Slide-To-Unlock Button
- Spectrum With Transparency
- And Many Others