- Primary Dislplay LCD Cape for the Beagle Bone Black in gen4 form factor
- 4.3" LCD TFT
- 480 x 272 pixel resolution
- Resistive Touch
4.3" Primary gen4 Display CAPE for the BeagleBone Black
The gen4 LCD CAPE range is specifically designed for the Beagle Bone Black (BBB). It provides a 4.3”, 5.0” or 7.0” primary display for the BBB for direct user interaction and information display.
Available in both Resistive Touch (GEN4-4DCAPE-xxT), Capacitive Touch (GEN4-4DCAPE-xxCT) and non-touch (GEN4-4DCAPE-xx) via special request – the non-touch version may be subject to MOQ and Lead Times. (xx refers to 43, 50 and 70 accordingly)
The 4DCAPE is not compatible with the previous Beagle Bone (Beagle Bone White), and can only be used with the Beagle Bone Black.
The 4DCAPE features an on-board Microchip AR1021 resistive touch controller (Resistive Touch version only), which talks to the BBB over I2C. This enables a robust and reliable resistive touch platform, compared to previous LCD CAPE models which used the BBB’s analog inputs, which were prone to external noise and open source software. The Capacitive Touch version utilises a Focaltech capacitive touch controller, which also communicates over I2C.
The Beagle Bone Black connects directly on to an adaptor CAPE, which then connects to the display module using a 30 way FFC ribbon cable, enabling multiple mounting options. Everything the LCD CAPE requires such as power and display signals are provided from the BBB directly, via the Adaptor and FFC ribbon cable.
Mounting of the 4DCAPE is achieved with the 4x 4mm mounting holes present on the Display Module (Resistive and Non-Touch), enabling standard screws to fasten the GEN4 4DCAPE as required, or via the adhesive supplied on the Cover Lens Bezel which is part of the Capacitive Touch version.
Information about the gen4-4DCAPE-43T
- 480 x 272 pixel resolution 4.3" TFT LCD Display
- Resistive Touch
- optional push buttons via external button board is available on request, enabling LEFT, RIGHT, UP, DOWN, ENTER, RESET and POWER functionality. This push button board is only available on request and is made to order.
- EEPROM CAPE ID selection via DIP switch
- 4x 4.0mm Mounting holes on Non-Touch and Resistive Touch modules, or via adhesive on the bezel for Capacitive Touch model.
- RoHS and CE Compliant.
The gen4-4DCAPE-43T includes the following items:
- gen4-4DCAPE-43T Module
30-way FFC Cable
Getting Started Guide Available as a Download