Exclusive 1.38″ Round TFT LCD
The uLCD-220RD is a unique 1.38″ Round LCD Intelligent Display Module powered by the 4D Systems DIABLO16 Graphics Processor.
The uLCD-220RD is designed for applications such as gauges and instruments or for special applications such as robotics.
Driving the display and peripherals is the DIABLO16 processor, a very capable and powerful chip which enables stand-alone functionality, programmed using the 4D Systems Workshop 4 IDE Software. The Workshop IDE enables graphic solutions to be constructed rapidly and with ease due to its design being solely for 4D graphics processors.
The display module has an array of features including PWM, micro-SD memory storage, general purpose I/O including Analog Inputs, multiple TTL Serial, I2C and SPI channels, Quadrature Input, Pulse Output and multiple millisecond resolution timers, amongst many more features.
The uLCD-220RD features a 30 way 2.54mm pitch male pin header, where all of the IO available on the Diablo16 processor have been broken out for the User. It also features a 10 way 2.54mm pitch male pin header which is common to a majority of 4D Systems display modules, and is used for programming the module with our Workshop4 IDE, using a Programming Cable or Adaptor.
If you are after a unique display solution for your project, maybe an Automotive Gauge or Instrument Dial, or even a Robot Head, look no further than the 4D Systems uLCD-220RD Round TFT LCD Intelligent Display Module.
** NOT RECOMENDED FOR NEW DESIGNS **
Information about this Display Module
- Powerful 1.38″ Intelligent LCD-TFT display module powered by DIABLO16.
- 220 x 220 Resolution (Round), RGB 65K true to life colours with LED Backlight.
- Easy 5 pin interface to any TTL Serial Host:
- 6 banks of 32750 bytes of Flash memory for User Application Code and Data
- 32Kb of SRAM purely for the User.
- 16 General Purpose I/O pins for user interfacing, which include 4 configurable Analog Inputs.
- The GPIO is variously configurable for alternative functions such as:
- 3x I2C channels available
- 1x SPI dedicated for SD Card and 3x configurable SPI channels available
- 1x dedicated and 3x configurable TTL Serial comm ports available
- Up to 6 GPIO can be used as Pin Counters
- Up to 6 GPIO for PWM (simple and Servo)
- Up to 10 GPIO for Pulse Output
- Up to 14 GPIO can be configured for Quadrature Encoder Inputs (2 channels)
- On-board micro-SD memory card connector for multimedia storage and data logging purposes
- DOS compatible file access (FAT16 format) as well as low level access to card memory
- Dedicated filtered PWM Audio pin driven by WAV files from micro-SD card, and external amplifier enable pin allows easy connection to an external amplifier for audio playback
- Display full colour images, animations, icons and video clips on chosen 4D Systems display
- Supports all available Windows fonts
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply)
- Module dimensions: 42.4 x 46.9 x 14.1mm
- Weight ~15 g
- Display Viewing Area: Round 35.1mm Diameter
- RoHS Compliant
- CE Compliant
The uLCD-220RD includes the following items:
- uLCD-220RD round Intelligent Display Module
- 150mm 5 way Female-Female jumper cable
- 5 way Male-Male adaptor
- Getting Started Manual available as a Download
If you are a first time user and just beginning your development, we strongly recommend purchasing a Starter Kit of this same model as it includes additional items that allow you to get started with your development immediately.
Starter Kit part number is SK-220RD.