- 2.83", 320x240 pixels all-in-one Intelligent Display Module with Touch using Active Matrix OLED (AMOLED) technology with an embedded PICASO graphics controller that delivers stand-alone functionality to any project.
- Starter Kits available for first time users.
- See product description below for more details.
2.83" AMOLED Display
The 2.83" AMOLED display is a very high quality, high viewing angle, crisp and clean viewing display that is suited to a large range of applications.
Embedded at the heart of the design is the PICASO processor, which is driven by a highly optimised virtual core engine called EVE (Extensible Virtual Engine). An extensive range of hardware and software peripherals have been integrated into the design, to give the user freedom to adapt the module to suit almost any application.
The uOLED-32028-P1(T) is a clever combination of a 2.83" (240x320) AMOLED Display, audio amplifier and speaker, micro-SD card connector, along with a group of general purpose input/output pins (GPIO's), including I2C and serial COMMS.
Information about the display
- Low-cost OLED display graphics user interface solution.
- 240 x 320 QVGA resolution, 65K true to life colours, AMOLED screen.
- Screen Size: 2.83", 49.1mm x 67.3mm
- Viewing Area: 42.3mm x 57.6mm
- Non-Touch and Resistive Touch Screen versions
- The controller boards have mechanical support via mounting tabs which can be snapped off.
- Board Size: 49.1 x 67.3 x 11.0mm (not including 3 x mounting tabs with 3mm holes for mechanical support).
- No back lighting with near 180Â° viewing angle.
- Integrated 4-Wire resistive Touch Panel.
- Easy 5 pin interface to any host device: VCC, TX, RX, GND, RESET
- Powered by the 4D-Labs PICASO processor
- 14KB of flash memory for user code storage and 14KB of SRAM for user variables, or 14KB shared user code and program variables.
- 2 x Asynchronous hardware serial ports (COM0, COM1), TTL interface, with 300 baud to 600K baud.
- 1 x I2C interface (Master).
- 8 x 16 bit timers with 1 millisecond resolution.
- 13 x GPIO pins. Upper 8 bits can be used as an I/O Bus for fast 8-bit parallel data transfers.
- On-board micro-SD memory card socket for multimedia and data logging with SDHC memory card support. A SPI compatible micro-SD card is required.
- DOS compatible file access (FAT16 format) as well as low level access to card memory.
- Dedicated PWM Audio pin supports FAT16 audio WAV files and complex sound generation.
- On-board audio amplifier with a tiny 8 Ohms speaker for sound generation and WAV file playback.
- Built in extensive 4DGL graphics and system library functions. For all available features and functions under the 4DGL programming language.
- Display full colour images, animations, icons and video clips.
- Supports all available Windows fonts and characters.
- 2 x 30 pin headers for I/O expansion.
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply).
- RoHS Compliant.
The UOLED-32028-P1 includes the following items:
uOLED-32028-P1 Display Module
150mm 5 way Female-Female jumper cable
5 way Male-Male adaptor
Getting Started Manual Available as a Download
If you are a first time user and just beginning your development, we strongly recommend purchasing a Starter Kit of this same model as it includes additional items that allow you to get started with your development immediately.
Starter Kit part number is SK-UOLED-32028-P1.
Workshop4 is a comprehensive software IDE for Microsoft Windows that provides an integrated software development platform for all of the 4D family of processors and modules. The IDE combines the Editor, Compiler, Linker and Downloader to develop complete 4DGL application code.
All user application code is developed within the Workshop4 IDE.
Workshop4 includes four development environments for the user to choose based on application requirements or even user skill level.
This environment enables the user to write 4DGL code in its natural form to program the display module.
ViSi - Genie
An advanced environment that does not require any 4DGL coding at all. Everything is done automatically for you. Simply lay the display out with the objects you want (similar to ViSi), set the events to drive them and the code is written for you automatically. ViSi-Genie provides the latest rapid development experience from 4D Systems.
A visual programming experience that enables drag-and-drop type placement of objects to assist with 4DGL code generation and allows the user to visualise how the display will look while being developed.
This environment is also provided to transform the display module into a slave serial display module. It allows the user to control the display from any host microcontroller or device with a serial port.
SMART WIDGETS EDITOR
Smart Widgets Editor is a powerful utility which enables the generation of Smart Widgets.
- Users can create complex widgets with up to six layers, including the layer for the base image. The order of the layers can be arranged as desired.
- Each layer can contain one or more images arranged in sequence that can be manipulated in a variety of ways. Image manipulation options include horizontal motion, vertical motion, and angular motion. Additionally, the transparency of a layer can be set.
- Two or more layers can be linked to produce synchronized movements of images. This enables the generation of complex widgets with multiple moving parts. Clockwork feature is also supported. This enables users to quickly generate clock widgets.
- Each layer can have a numeric part which can display numbers in various fonts and formats. Alternatively, the numeric part can be a fixed sequence of text.
- The output frames can be utilized using any of the supported Workshop4 environments
Genie Magic is an extension to ViSi-Genie, which is available in Workshop4 PRO. Genie Magic allows the User to add 4DGL code to various points in the ViSi-Genie backend code, which allows Users to take full advantage of the power of 4DGL, while retaining the speed and convenience of ViSi-Genie and its defined communication protocol.
Genie Magic allows you to enter 4DGL code in the form of Events, Code and Objects, along with various touch related additions too, giving you to the power to achieve advanced GUI's in ViSi-Genie without having to write the full code yourself.
Genie Magic is fully supported by the genieArduino and geniePi libraries, making communication with an Arduino or Raspberry Pi host even more powerful.
When using Genie Magic in combination with the Smart Widget Editor, it is possible to use the Smart Widgets Editor tool and Smart Widgets to create other graphical user interface elements such as:
- Dropdown Menu
- Side Menu
- 'Carousel Slider'
- List Box
- Quarter-Rotary Menu
- Dock Menu
- Fading Slide-To-Unlock Button
- Spectrum With Transparency
- And Many Others