- Starter Kit for Non Touch 1.38" Round TFT LCD Display for Arduino projects that includes everything you need to get started with development.
- The Starter Kit is recommended for first time users of the uLCD-220RD-AR Display Module.
- See complete description in the product details below.
- THIS PRODUCT IS DISCONTINUED - ONLY REST STOCK AVAILABLE
1.38" DIABLO16 Round Display Module Pack for the Arduino
This 4D Systems Display Module Pack for the Arduino (and variants) is made up of a uLCD-220RD 1.38" Round TFT LCD Display Module and an 4D Arduino Adaptor Shield to easily connect an Arduino to the 4D Systems Display.
This Display Module Pack enables an Arduino user to quickly connect the 4D Arduino Adaptor Shield to their Arduino, connect the 5 way cable between the Adaptor and the Display Module, and be connected in seconds to start programming their new 4D Systems Display.
The uLCD-220RD can be configured in a number of ways using the 4D Systems Workshop4 IDE. There are 4 programming Environments to choose from, to enable the widest range of options possible and to suit a wide range of Users and projects alike.
Communication to the Display Module is performed via the Arduino’s hardware serial port.
A single digital on the Arduino is utilised for an external reset for the display.
For a detailed listing of the capabilities of the display module in this Arduino Pack, please refer to the datasheet for the display itself, available from the Product Page of the uLCD-220RD.
For support relating to the Arduino Hardware, please refer to the Arduino Support Forum
Information about this Display Module
- Powerful 1.38" Intelligent LCD-TFT display module powered by DIABLO16.
- 220 x 220 Resolution (Round), RGB 65K true to life colours with LED Backlight.
- Easy 5 pin interface to any TTL Serial Host:
- VCC, TX, RX, GND, RESET
- 6 banks of 32750 bytes of Flash memory for User Application Code and Data
- 32Kb of SRAM purely for the User.
- 16 General Purpose I/O pins for user interfacing, which include 4 configurable Analog Inputs.
- The GPIO is variously configurable for alternative functions such as:
- 3x I2C channels available
- 1x SPI dedicated for SD Card and 3x configurable SPI channels available
- 1x dedicated and 3x configurable TTL Serial comm ports available
- Up to 6 GPIO can be used as Pin Counters
- Up to 6 GPIO for PWM (simple and Servo)
- Up to 10 GPIO for Pulse Output
- Up to 14 GPIO can be configured for Quadrature Encoder Inputs (2 channels)
- On-board micro-SD memory card connector for multimedia storage and data logging purposes
- DOS compatible file access (FAT16 format) as well as low level access to card memory
- Dedicated filtered PWM Audio pin driven by WAV files from micro-SD card, and external amplifier enable pin allows easy connection to an external amplifier for audio playback
- Display full colour images, animations, icons and video clips on chosen 4D Systems display
- Supports all available Windows fonts
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply)
- Module dimensions: 42.4 x 46.9 x 14.1mm
- Weight ~15 g
- Display Viewing Area: Round 35.1mm Diameter
- RoHS Compliant
- CE Compliant
The uLCD-220RD-AR includes the following items:
4D Arduino Adaptor Shield-II
uUSB-PA5-II Programming Adaptor
4GB Industrial microSD Card
5-way female-to-female ribbon cable with male-to-male adaptor
Workshop4 is a comprehensive software IDE for Microsoft Windows that provides an integrated software development platform for all of the 4D family of processors and modules. The IDE combines the Editor, Compiler, Linker and Downloader to develop complete 4DGL application code.
All user application code is developed within the Workshop4 IDE.
Workshop4 includes four development environments for the user to choose based on application requirements or even user skill level.
This environment enables the user to write 4DGL code in its natural form to program the display module.
ViSi - Genie
An advanced environment that does not require any 4DGL coding at all. Everything is done automatically for you. Simply lay the display out with the objects you want (similar to ViSi), set the events to drive them and the code is written for you automatically. ViSi-Genie provides the latest rapid development experience from 4D Systems.
A visual programming experience that enables drag-and-drop type placement of objects to assist with 4DGL code generation and allows the user to visualise how the display will look while being developed.
This environment is also provided to transform the display module into a slave serial display module. It allows the user to control the display from any host microcontroller or device with a serial port.
SMART WIDGETS EDITOR
Smart Widgets Editor is a powerful utility which enables the generation of Smart Widgets.
- Users can create complex widgets with up to six layers, including the layer for the base image. The order of the layers can be arranged as desired.
- Each layer can contain one or more images arranged in sequence that can be manipulated in a variety of ways. Image manipulation options include horizontal motion, vertical motion, and angular motion. Additionally, the transparency of a layer can be set.
- Two or more layers can be linked to produce synchronized movements of images. This enables the generation of complex widgets with multiple moving parts. Clockwork feature is also supported. This enables users to quickly generate clock widgets.
- Each layer can have a numeric part which can display numbers in various fonts and formats. Alternatively, the numeric part can be a fixed sequence of text.
- The output frames can be utilized using any of the supported Workshop4 environments
Genie Magic is an extension to ViSi-Genie, which is available in Workshop4 PRO. Genie Magic allows the User to add 4DGL code to various points in the ViSi-Genie backend code, which allows Users to take full advantage of the power of 4DGL, while retaining the speed and convenience of ViSi-Genie and its defined communication protocol.
Genie Magic allows you to enter 4DGL code in the form of Events, Code and Objects, along with various touch related additions too, giving you to the power to achieve advanced GUI's in ViSi-Genie without having to write the full code yourself.
Genie Magic is fully supported by the genieArduino and geniePi libraries, making communication with an Arduino or Raspberry Pi host even more powerful.
When using Genie Magic in combination with the Smart Widget Editor, it is possible to use the Smart Widgets Editor tool and Smart Widgets to create other graphical user interface elements such as:
- Dropdown Menu
- Side Menu
- 'Carousel Slider'
- List Box
- Quarter-Rotary Menu
- Dock Menu
- Fading Slide-To-Unlock Button
- Spectrum With Transparency
- And Many Others