- Starter Kit for Resistive-Touch 3.5" Intelligent LCD that includes everything needed to get started with development.
- The Starter Kit is recommended for the first time users.
- See product description below for more details.
4Discovery 3.5" Integrated Wall/Panel Mount Display
The 4Discovery is designed to be mounted to a standard light switch flush/mounting box, which enables quick and easy installation in to a wall, and can just as easily be mounted into an enclosure or panel or directly onto the wall, enabling a wide range of customers to take advantage of this display product.
Driving the display and peripherals is the DIABLO16 processor, a very capable and powerful chip which enables stand-alone functionality, programmed using the 4D Systems Workshop 4 IDE Software. The Workshop IDE enables graphic solutions to be constructed rapidly and with ease due to its design being solely for 4D graphics processors.
The 4Discovery has an array of features including a 3.5" 320x480 TFT LCD Display, Resistive Touch, micro-SD memory storage, 16MB of Flash Memory storage, Real Time Clock, 2 wire RS485 Interface which can act as Master or Slave with additional changeover wire, Optional WiFi, Optional Crypto Authentication security chip for secure transmissions, and a switch-mode power supply enabling a wide input voltage range, along with many more features.
This 4Discovery can be programmed to store 16MB worth of graphics, images, videos, data on the external flash, which may be desirable so a microSD card is not required. Additional images/data can be stored on the microSD card, or the microSD card can be used to upgrade the application running on the 4Discovery or update the external Flash memory. The options
Information about the Display Module
- Powerful 3.5" Intelligent LCD-TFT display module powered by DIABLO16.
- 480x320 HVGA Resolution, RGB 65K true to life colours, TFT Screen with integrated 4-wire Resistive Touch Panel.
- Programmed over RS485 using a special programmer designed specifically for the 4Discovery.
- 6 banks of 32750 bytes of Flash memory for User Application Code and Data
- 32Kb of SRAM purely for the User.
- On-board micro-SD memory card connector for multimedia storage and data logging purposes. HC memory card support is also available for cards larger than 4GB.
- On-board external 16MB of serial Flash for multimedia storage, datalogging etc. Can be used as an alternative to microSD, or as well as.
- DOS compatible file access (FAT16 format) as well as low level access to microSD card memory.
- Display full colour images, animations, icons and video clips on chosen 4D Systems display.
- Supports all available Windows fonts.
- 5.0V or 6.3V to 36V input voltage range operation (single supply).
- Module dimensions: 74 x 117.0 x 21.7mm
- Weight approximately 75g.
- Display Viewing Area: 48.96 x 73.44mm
- Easily mounted to the wall using a standard light switch flush/mounting box, or can be mounted in an enclosure/panel or virtually any flat drillable surface.
- Compatible with Clipsal/HPM mounting blocks, 18mm or thicker, if the 4Discovery needs to be offset from the wall (useful for concrete block walls etc).
- RoHS and CE Compliant.
The SK-4Discovery-35 includes the following items:
4Discovery-35 Display Module
4Discovery RS485 Programmer
- 4GB Industrial microSD Card
Getting Started Manual available as a Download
If you are a first time user and just beginning your development, we strongly recommend purchasing a Starter Kit of this same model as it includes additional items that allow you to get started with your development immediately.
Workshop4 is a comprehensive software IDE for Microsoft Windows that provides an integrated software development platform for all of the 4D family of processors and modules. The IDE combines the Editor, Compiler, Linker and Downloader to develop complete 4DGL application code.
All user application code is developed within the Workshop4 IDE.
Workshop4 includes four development environments for the user to choose based on application requirements or even user skill level.
This environment enables the user to write 4DGL code in its natural form to program the display module.
ViSi - Genie
An advanced environment that does not require any 4DGL coding at all. Everything is done automatically for you. Simply lay the display out with the objects you want (similar to ViSi), set the events to drive them and the code is written for you automatically. ViSi-Genie provides the latest rapid development experience from 4D Systems.
A visual programming experience that enables drag-and-drop type placement of objects to assist with 4DGL code generation and allows the user to visualise how the display will look while being developed.
This environment is also provided to transform the display module into a slave serial display module. It allows the user to control the display from any host microcontroller or device with a serial port.
SMART WIDGETS EDITOR
Smart Widgets Editor is a powerful utility which enables the generation of Smart Widgets.
- Users can create complex widgets with up to six layers, including the layer for the base image. The order of the layers can be arranged as desired.
- Each layer can contain one or more images arranged in sequence that can be manipulated in a variety of ways. Image manipulation options include horizontal motion, vertical motion, and angular motion. Additionally, the transparency of a layer can be set.
- Two or more layers can be linked to produce synchronized movements of images. This enables the generation of complex widgets with multiple moving parts. Clockwork feature is also supported. This enables users to quickly generate clock widgets.
- Each layer can have a numeric part which can display numbers in various fonts and formats. Alternatively, the numeric part can be a fixed sequence of text.
- The output frames can be utilized using any of the supported Workshop4 environments
Genie Magic is an extension to ViSi-Genie, which is available in Workshop4 PRO. Genie Magic allows the User to add 4DGL code to various points in the ViSi-Genie backend code, which allows Users to take full advantage of the power of 4DGL, while retaining the speed and convenience of ViSi-Genie and its defined communication protocol.
Genie Magic allows you to enter 4DGL code in the form of Events, Code and Objects, along with various touch related additions too, giving you to the power to achieve advanced GUI's in ViSi-Genie without having to write the full code yourself.
Genie Magic is fully supported by the genieArduino and geniePi libraries, making communication with an Arduino or Raspberry Pi host even more powerful.
When using Genie Magic in combination with the Smart Widget Editor, it is possible to use the Smart Widgets Editor tool and Smart Widgets to create other graphical user interface elements such as:
- Dropdown Menu
- Side Menu
- 'Carousel Slider'
- List Box
- Quarter-Rotary Menu
- Dock Menu
- Fading Slide-To-Unlock Button
- Spectrum With Transparency
- And Many Others