- Starter Kit for 9.0", 800 x 480 pixels, Intelligent Display Module with Resistive Touch for Raspberry Pi.
- Includes Adaptor Board for Easy Hardware Interface to a Raspberry Pi.
- Ready to become the GUI for your target application and capable of being an interface controller for a number of applications.
- Starter Kit recommended for first time users.
- See product description below for more details.
9.0" Intelligent Display Module with DIABLO16 Graphics Controller with Hardware Interface for Raspberry Pi
This 9.0” Diablo16 Integrated Display Module is part of the microLCD range of modules Designed and Manufactured by 4D Systems.
This hardware bundle includes the 4D Serial Pi Adaptor which allows fast and easy hardware interface to virtually any Raspberry Pi board with the standard Raspberry Pi headers and allows you to quickly and easily add a full colour dedicated HMI to your project.
The 9.0” model was designed specifically to cater for the demand of physically large displays, for ease of integration and use, and with careful consideration for space requirements and functionality.
This specific module features a 9.0” colour TFT LCD display, with Resistive Touch (DT), or Capacitive Touch (DCT). It is powered by the feature-rich 4D Systems Diablo16 Graphics Processor, which offers an array of functionality and options for any Designer / Integrator / User.
The Diablo16 processor features include 16 customisable GPIO, capable of PWM, Serial, I2C, SPI, Pulse Out, Quadrature Input, and Analog Input.
The 9.0” Diablo16 Integrated Display Module features a TFT LCD Display, is capable of Touch Detection, microSD memory Storage, GPIO and Communications, along with multiple millisecond resolution timers, and Audio Generation.
This 9.0” module is 100% compatible with the Workshop4 IDE and its 4 different development environments, providing the User with a wealth of options for programming and controlling their system.
Anything designed to run on other 4D Systems display modules featuring Picaso or Diablo16 Graphic Processors can be run on this Integrated Display Module, with little or no required modifications. Please contact 4D Systems Support Team for assistance if migrating from a previous model.
This module features a 30 pin ZIF socket, designed for a 30 pin FPC cable, for easy and simple connection to an application or mother board, or for connecting to accessory boards for a range of functionality advancements.
The uLCD-90DT/DCT utilises the same PCB found on the popular gen4 Series Intelligent Display Modules, such as the gen4-uLCD-70DT, making integration and application sharing easy. Unlike the gen4 modules, the uLCD-90 range does not feature plastic frames with mounting tabs, and instead integrates metal mounting ears directly into the display housing.
Information about the uLCD-90DT/DCT Smart Display Module
- Powerful 9.0” Intelligent LCD-TFT display module powered by DIABLO16.
- 800 x 480 Resolution, RGB 65K true to life colours, TFT Screen with integrated 4-wire Resistive Touch Panel (DT) or Capacitive Touch Panel (DCT).
- 6 banks of 32750 bytes of Flash memory for User Application Code and Data.
- 32Kb of SRAM purely for the User.
- 16 General Purpose I/O pins for user interfacing, which include 4 configurable Analog Inputs.
- The GPIO is variously configurable for alternative functions such as:
- 3x I2C channels available.
- 1x SPI dedicated for SD Card and 3x configurable SPI channels available.
- 1x dedicated and 3x configurable TTL Serial comm ports available.
- Up to 6 GPIO can be used as Pin Counters.
- Up to 6 GPIO for PWM (simple and Servo).
- Up to 10 GPIO for Pulse Output.
- Up to 14 GPIO can be configured for Quadrature Encoder Inputs (2 channels).
- 30pin FPC connection, for all signals, power, communications, GPIO and programming.
- On-board latch type micro-SD memory card connector for multimedia storage and data logging purposes.
- DOS compatible file access (FAT16 format) as well as low level access to card memory.
- Dedicated PWM Audio pin driven by WAV files from micro-SD card, and for sound generation, for an external amplifier.
- Display full colour images, animations, icons and video clips.
- Supports all available Windows fonts.
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply).
- Module dimensions:
- (D): 230.7 x 126.4 x 6.4mm
(Thickness is 3.4mm LCD + 3.0mm PCB).
- (DT): 230.7 x 126.4 x 7.9mm
(Thickness is 4.9mm LCD + 3.0mm PCB)
- (DCT): 230.7 x 126.4 x 8.15mm
(Thickness is 5.15mm LCD + 3.0mm PCB)
- (D): 230.7 x 126.4 x 6.4mm
- 4x metal mounting tabs with 4.2mm holes for mechanical mounting using M4 screws
- RoHS, REACH and CE compliant.
The SK-90DT-PI includes:
- uLCD-90DT 9.0" Resistive Touch Smart Display Module
- 4D Serial Pi Adaptor
- gen4-IB Interface Board
- gen4-UPA Universal Programming Adaptor
- 4GB Industrial microSD Card
- 30-way 150mm FFC Cable
- 5-way female to female ribbon cable with male to male adaptor.
NOTE: If this is your first time purchasing a 4D Systems display module, we highly recommend you to consider this Starter Kit. The starter kit includes all of the necessary hardware to get you up and running with your development project.
Workshop4 is a comprehensive software IDE for Microsoft Windows that provides an integrated software development platform for all of the 4D family of processors and modules. The IDE combines the Editor, Compiler, Linker and Downloader to develop complete 4DGL application code.
All user application code is developed within the Workshop4 IDE.
Workshop4 includes four development environments for the user to choose based on application requirements or even user skill level.
This environment enables the user to write 4DGL code in its natural form to program the display module.
ViSi - Genie
An advanced environment that does not require any 4DGL coding at all. Everything is done automatically for you. Simply lay the display out with the objects you want (similar to ViSi), set the events to drive them and the code is written for you automatically. ViSi-Genie provides the latest rapid development experience from 4D Systems.
A visual programming experience that enables drag-and-drop type placement of objects to assist with 4DGL code generation and allows the user to visualise how the display will look while being developed.
This environment is also provided to transform the display module into a slave serial display module. It allows the user to control the display from any host microcontroller or device with a serial port.
SMART WIDGETS EDITOR
Smart Widgets Editor is a powerful utility which enables the generation of Smart Widgets.
- Users can create complex widgets with up to six layers, including the layer for the base image. The order of the layers can be arranged as desired.
- Each layer can contain one or more images arranged in sequence that can be manipulated in a variety of ways. Image manipulation options include horizontal motion, vertical motion, and angular motion. Additionally, the transparency of a layer can be set.
- Two or more layers can be linked to produce synchronized movements of images. This enables the generation of complex widgets with multiple moving parts. Clockwork feature is also supported. This enables users to quickly generate clock widgets.
- Each layer can have a numeric part which can display numbers in various fonts and formats. Alternatively, the numeric part can be a fixed sequence of text.
- The output frames can be utilized using any of the supported Workshop4 environments
Genie Magic is an extension to ViSi-Genie, which is available in Workshop4 PRO. Genie Magic allows the User to add 4DGL code to various points in the ViSi-Genie backend code, which allows Users to take full advantage of the power of 4DGL, while retaining the speed and convenience of ViSi-Genie and its defined communication protocol.
Genie Magic allows you to enter 4DGL code in the form of Events, Code and Objects, along with various touch related additions too, giving you to the power to achieve advanced GUI's in ViSi-Genie without having to write the full code yourself.
Genie Magic is fully supported by the genieArduino and geniePi libraries, making communication with an Arduino or Raspberry Pi host even more powerful.
When using Genie Magic in combination with the Smart Widget Editor, it is possible to use the Smart Widgets Editor tool and Smart Widgets to create other graphical user interface elements such as:
- Dropdown Menu
- Side Menu
- 'Carousel Slider'
- List Box
- Quarter-Rotary Menu
- Dock Menu
- Fading Slide-To-Unlock Button
- Spectrum With Transparency
- And Many Others