- Starter Kit for pixxiLCD-20P2
- 2.0", 176x220 pixel, slim Intelligent Display Module with embedded PIXXI-28 processor.
- Suitable for fast and easy integration of a full colour HMI into any application or product.
- See product description below for more details.
2.0” pixxiLCD Series Intelligent Display Module with PIXXI-28 Graphics Controller
The pixxiLCD-20 is part of the new and revolutionary pixxiLCD series of embedded graphics displays designed and manufactured by 4D Systems. Developed with low total cost of ownership in mind, this 2.0” colour TFT-LCD compact Intelligent Display module offers an array of functionality and options for any designer, integrator or user wishing to add a full color HMI into an application.
The pixxiLCD-20 is powered by the configurable PIXXI-28 graphics processor, allowing various functionalities such as touch detection, microSD or serial flash memory storage, GPIO, and ADC, along with multiple millisecond resolution timers, and UART and I2C communication.
The pixxiLCD-20 embedded graphics displays comes in two variants:
- Non-touch - pixxiLCD-20P2
- Capacitive-touch - pixxiLCD-20P2CT-CLB
The pixxiLCD embedded graphics displays are 100% compatible with the Workshop4 IDE, which provides users with a wealth of options for programming and controlling their system.
The pixxiLCD embedded graphics displays feature a standard 15-way, 0.5mm pitch ZIF socket interface which carries the UART, I/O, I2C, power, and reset signals to/from the display.
Typical Applications include:
- General purpose low-cost embedded graphics.
- Elevator control systems
- Point of sale terminals.
- Electronic gauges and metres.
- Test and measurement and general-purpose instrumentation.
- Industrial control and Robotics.
- Automotive system displays.
- GPS/Sat-Nav systems.
- Medical instruments and applications.
- Heart rate and Blood pressure monitors.
- Smart Home Automation display panels.
- Consumer appliance devices.
- Security and Access control panels.
- Air conditioner control panels.
- Lighting control panels.
- Vending machine panels.
- Power meter panels.
- Gaming equipment.
- And much more.
Information about the Display Module
- Powerful 2.0” Intelligent LCD-TFT display module powered by PIXXI-28
- 176 x 220 Resolution, RGB 65K TFT Screen
- Capacitive Touch Panel (pixxiLCD-20P2CT-CLB)
- 32KB of Flash memory for user application code.
- 14KB of SRAM for user variables.
- Selectable 16MB Serial Flash memory chip for multimedia storage, data files, fonts, or for holding extra code functions (to expand the code storage of the processor)
- Selectable on-board push type micro-SD memory card connector for multimedia storage, data files, fonts and data logging purposes.
- 3 General Purpose I/O pins for user interfacing, 2 of which are configurable as analog inputs or as I2C.
- Master I2C port (maximum supported speed is fast I2C) for user application devices.
- UART port, Asynchronous hardware serial, with 300 to 2187500 baud, for interfacing to a Host or Slave device. The Serial port is also used for device programming.
- DOS compatible file access (FAT16 format) using uSD, as well as low-level access to card memory.
- Display full-colour images, animations, icons, and video clips.
- Supports all available Windows fonts.
- Free comprehensive Software Development Tools (Workshop4) provides drag-and-drop style and coding environments for rapid application development, upgradable to Workshop4 PRO for additional features.
- Standard 15-way, 0.5mm pitch ZIF socket interface which carries the UART, I/O, I2C, power, and reset signals to/from the display.
- Single 5.0 Volt Supply (4.0V to 5.5V range).
- Display Dimensions:
- pixxiLCD-20P2: 37.68 x 51.33 x 5.7 mm
- pixxiLCD-20P2CT-CLB: 44.60 x 65.80 x 7.0 mm
- pixxiLCD-20P2: ~16 grams
- pixxiLCD-20P2-CTP-CLB: ~20 grams
- RoHS, REACH and CE compliant.
- PCB is UL 94V-0 Flammability Rated
The pixxiLCD-20P2 Comes with:
15 to 30 way FFC Cable
150mm 5 way Female-Female jumper cable with 5 way Male-Male adaptor
Workshop4 is a comprehensive software IDE for Microsoft Windows that provides an integrated software development platform for all of the 4D family of processors and modules. The IDE combines the Editor, Compiler, Linker and Downloader to develop complete 4DGL application code.
All user application code is developed within the Workshop4 IDE.
Workshop4 includes four development environments for the user to choose based on application requirements or even user skill level.
This environment enables the user to write 4DGL code in its natural form to program the display module.
ViSi - Genie
An advanced environment that does not require any 4DGL coding at all. Everything is done automatically for you. Simply lay the display out with the objects you want (similar to ViSi), set the events to drive them and the code is written for you automatically. ViSi-Genie provides the latest rapid development experience from 4D Systems.
A visual programming experience that enables drag-and-drop type placement of objects to assist with 4DGL code generation and allows the user to visualise how the display will look while being developed.
This environment is also provided to transform the display module into a slave serial display module. It allows the user to control the display from any host microcontroller or device with a serial port.
SMART WIDGETS EDITOR
Smart Widgets Editor is a powerful utility which enables the generation of Smart Widgets.
- Users can create complex widgets with up to six layers, including the layer for the base image. The order of the layers can be arranged as desired.
- Each layer can contain one or more images arranged in sequence that can be manipulated in a variety of ways. Image manipulation options include horizontal motion, vertical motion, and angular motion. Additionally, the transparency of a layer can be set.
- Two or more layers can be linked to produce synchronized movements of images. This enables the generation of complex widgets with multiple moving parts. Clockwork feature is also supported. This enables users to quickly generate clock widgets.
- Each layer can have a numeric part which can display numbers in various fonts and formats. Alternatively, the numeric part can be a fixed sequence of text.
- The output frames can be utilized using any of the supported Workshop4 environments
Genie Magic is an extension to ViSi-Genie, which is available in Workshop4 PRO. Genie Magic allows the User to add 4DGL code to various points in the ViSi-Genie backend code, which allows Users to take full advantage of the power of 4DGL, while retaining the speed and convenience of ViSi-Genie and its defined communication protocol.
Genie Magic allows you to enter 4DGL code in the form of Events, Code and Objects, along with various touch related additions too, giving you to the power to achieve advanced GUI's in ViSi-Genie without having to write the full code yourself.
Genie Magic is fully supported by the genieArduino and geniePi libraries, making communication with an Arduino or Raspberry Pi host even more powerful.
When using Genie Magic in combination with the Smart Widget Editor, it is possible to use the Smart Widgets Editor tool and Smart Widgets to create other graphical user interface elements such as:
- Dropdown Menu
- Side Menu
- 'Carousel Slider'
- List Box
- Quarter-Rotary Menu
- Dock Menu
- Fading Slide-To-Unlock Button
- Spectrum With Transparency
- And Many Others