4Discovery 3.5″ Integrated Wall/Panel Mount Display
The 4Discovery is designed to be mounted to a standard light switch flush/mounting box, which enables quick and easy installation in to a wall, and can just as easily be mounted into an enclosure or panel or directly onto the wall, enabling a wide range of customers to take advantage of this display product.
Driving the display and peripherals is the DIABLO16 processor, a very capable and powerful chip which enables stand-alone functionality, programmed using the 4D Systems Workshop 4 IDE Software. The Workshop IDE enables graphic solutions to be constructed rapidly and with ease due to its design being solely for 4D graphics processors.
The 4Discovery has an array of features including a 3.5″ 320×480 TFT LCD Display, Resistive Touch, micro-SD memory storage, 16MB of Flash Memory storage, Real Time Clock, 2 wire RS485 Interface which can act as Master or Slave with additional changeover wire, Optional WiFi, Optional Crypto Authentication security chip for secure transmissions, and a switch-mode power supply enabling a wide input voltage range, along with many more features.
This 4Discovery can be programmed to store 16MB worth of graphics, images, videos, data on the external flash, which may be desirable so a microSD card is not required. Additional images/data can be stored on the microSD card, or the microSD card can be used to upgrade the application running on the 4Discovery or update the external Flash memory. The options
Information about the Display Module
- Powerful 3.5″ Intelligent LCD-TFT display module powered by DIABLO16.
- 480×320 HVGA Resolution, RGB 65K true to life colours, TFT Screen with integrated 4-wire Resistive Touch Panel.
- Programmed over RS485 using a special programmer designed specifically for the 4Discovery.
- 6 banks of 32750 bytes of Flash memory for User Application Code and Data
- 32Kb of SRAM purely for the User.
- On-board micro-SD memory card connector for multimedia storage and data logging purposes. HC memory card support is also available for cards larger than 4GB.
- On-board external 16MB of serial Flash for multimedia storage, datalogging etc. Can be used as an alternative to microSD, or as well as.
- DOS compatible file access (FAT16 format) as well as low level access to microSD card memory.
- Display full colour images, animations, icons and video clips on chosen 4D Systems display.
- Supports all available Windows fonts.
- 5.0V or 6.3V to 36V input voltage range operation (single supply).
- Module dimensions: 74 x 117.0 x 21.7mm
- Weight approximately 75g.
- Display Viewing Area: 48.96 x 73.44mm
- Easily mounted to the wall using a standard light switch flush/mounting box, or can be mounted in an enclosure/panel or virtually any flat drillable surface.
- Compatible with Clipsal/HPM mounting blocks, 18mm or thicker, if the 4Discovery needs to be offset from the wall (useful for concrete block walls etc.).
- RoHS and CE Compliant.
The 4Discovery-35 includes the following items:
- 4Discovery-35 Display Module
- Getting Started Manual available as a Download
If you are a first time user and just beginning your development, we strongly recommend purchasing a Starter Kit of this same model as it includes additional items that allow you to get started with your development immediately.
Starter Kit part number is SK-4Discovery-35.