- Embedded SPI display featuring a 4.3", 480x272 pixel display with Resistive Touch and an integrated FTDI FT800 Video Engine.
- Enables an SPI host to be directly connected to the display, providing a powerful set of graphics features to the host using the on board FTDI FT800 Video Engine.
4.3" Embedded SPI Display
The 4DLCD-FT843 is an embedded SPI display from 4D Systems, featuring a 4.3" resistive touch display with an integrated FTDI FT800 Video Engine.
The 4DLCD-FT843 is a powerful SPI Display which enables a SPI host to be connected directly to the display, providing a powerful set of graphics features to the host using the on board FTDI FT800 Video Engine.
This display provides 4 in one functionality, a 4.3" TFT LCD Display, Audio with amplifier enable, and Resistive Touch screen and an integrated Video Engine. This combination built directly into the screen allows for simple integration into a number of applications.
The FT800 Display Processor runs the FTDI version of EVE (Embedded Video Engine), which targets high quality graphics displays with Widget support, designed to offload the Host Processor and provide a variety of graphics features.
4D Systems has designed an Arduino Shield nicknamed ADAM (Arduino Display Adaptor Module) to interface with the EVE driven 4DLCD-FT843 Display, along with a simple breakout board (4DLCD-FT843-Breakout) to attach to a generic host or breadboard. Please refer to their product page on the 4D Systems website, and associated Documentation.
All software support for the 4DLCD-FT843 Display is provided directly from FTDI. FTDI also write and supply the libraries and demos for this shield/display combo. Hardware support is provided by 4D Systems.
Information about the display module
- 4.3" TFT LCD Transmissive Display with 480x272 Resolution, and 262K Colours
- 4 Wire Resistive Touch screen
- Mono PWM Audio output with separate amplifier enable, designed to be connected directly to a simple filter and amplifier circuit.
- On board FTDI FT800 Video Engine
- SPI Interface to Host Processor/Controller, up to 30Mhz (Mode 0 only)
- Standard 10 way 0.5mm pitch FPC ribbon which carries SPI, Audio, I/O and Power to/from the Display.
- Programmable Interrupt Controller, with dedicate Interrupt pin to Host
- 64 voice polyphonic sound synthesizer
- PWM dimming control for LCD backlight
- Power mode control to put the FT800 into sleep and standby modes, with dedicated power down pin to Host
- Single 3.3V supply
- 3.3V SPI Bus, Audio Output and amplifier Enable, not 5V tolerant.
- Display Dimensions: 105.5 x 67.2 x 4.2mm (Not including flex)
- Flex length from base of display: 57.51mm
- Viewing Area: 95.04 x 53.86mm
- Touch Area: 96.7 x 55.5mm
- Weight: ~50gm
- RoHS Compliant
- CE Compliant
4DLCD-FT843 Includes the following items:
4DLCD-FT843 Display Module