3.5″ Primary Display for the Raspberry Pi
The 4DPi-35-II is a 3.5″ 480×320 Primary Display for the Raspberry Pi, which plugs directly on top of a Raspberry Pi and displays the primary output which is normally sent to the HDMI or Composite output. It features an integrated Resistive Touch panel, enabling the 4DPi-35-II to function with the Raspberry Pi without the need for a mouse.
Communication between the 4DPi-35-II and the Raspberry Pi is interfaced with a high speed 48Mhz SPI connection, which utilises an on-board processor for direct command interpretation and SPI communication compression, and features a customised DMA enabled kernel.
The 4DPi-35-II is designed to work with the Raspbian Operating System running on the Raspberry Pi, as that is the official Raspberry Pi operating system. It also supports the new PIXEL addition to Raspbian.
Powered directly off the Raspberry Pi, this 3.5″ Touch panel allows effortless connection, and a single download package will get you up and running with a few simple steps. Please refer to the Datasheet for detailed information.
Information about the display module
- Universal 3.5″Primary Display for the Raspberry Pi.
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi A+, B+, Pi2, Pi3, Zero, Zero W versions.
- 480×320 QVGA Resolution, RGB 65K true to life colours, TFT Screen with integrated 4-wire Resistive Touch Panel.
- Display full GUI output / primary output, just like a monitor connected to the Raspberry Pi
- High Speed 48Mhz SPI connection to the Raspberry Pi, featuring SPI compression technology.
- Powered directly off the Raspberry Pi, no external power supply is required.
- Typical frame rate of 17FPS. Higher if image is able to be compressed by Kernel.
- On/Off or PWM controlled backlight, selectable by on board jumper.
- On-board EEPROM for Identification (Revision 2.x HW only)
- Module dimensions: 57 x 86 x 21mm (including corner plates). Weighing ~ 53g.
- Display Viewing Area: 49 x 73.4mm
- 4x corner plates with 2.6mm holes for mechanical mounting.
- RoHS and CE Compliant.
The 4DPi-35-II includes the following items:
- 4DPi-35-II Display Module
- Getting Started Manual available as a Download