- Highly integrated serial camera module that can be attached to any host system that requires a video camera or a JPEG compressed still camera for embedded imaging applications.
- The module uses a CMOS VGA colour sensor along with a JPEG compression chip.
MicroCAM 3 (uCAM-III)
The module uses a CMOS VGA colour sensor along with a JPEG compression chip that provides a low cost and low powered camera system. The module has an on-board serial interface (TTL) that is suitable for a direct connection to any host micro-controller UART or a PC system COM port.
The uCAM-III is capable of outputting both RAW format and JPEG format images.
User commands are sent using a simple serial protocol that can instruct the camera to send low resolution (80x60 to 160x120) single frame raw images for viewing or high resolution (160x128 to 640x480) JPEG images for storage or viewing.
The uCAM-III comes in a compact form factor with a built in lens and a 5-wire connector that provides easy access to both power and serial data.
There are 3 lenses available for this camera from 4D Systems. A 56 degree (Standard), a 76 degree, and a 116 degree.
These are available to purchase from 4D Systems separately if required. The uCAM-III ships with the 56 degree lens installed.
There is a locking nut on the barrel thread of the lens, which is used to lock the focus in place once set, to prevent it from inadvertently being changed.
Information about the module
- Small size, low cost and low powered camera module for embedded imaging applications.
- uCAM-III: 5V DC Supply nominal
- On-board EEPROM provides a command-based interface to external host via TTL serial link.
- UART: up to 3.68Mbps for transferring JPEG still pictures or raw images.
- On board VGA colour sensor and RAW / JPEG CODEC for different resolutions.
- Built-in down sampling, clamping and windowing circuits for VGA, QVGA or 160x120 image resolutions.
- Built-in colour conversion circuits for 16-bit CrYCbY, 8-bit gray, 16-bit RGB or standard JPEG images.
- No external DRAM required.
- Additions lenses available
- Locking nut for locking focus in place
- Weight ~6g.
- Dimensions: 32mm x 32mm x 21mm (without lens, including header)
The uCAM-III includes the following items:
- 56° Lens
Workshop4 is a comprehensive software IDE for Microsoft Windows that provides an integrated software development platform for all of the 4D family of processors and modules. The IDE combines the Editor, Compiler, Linker and Downloader to develop complete 4DGL application code.
All user application code is developed within the Workshop4 IDE.
Workshop4 includes four development environments for the user to choose based on application requirements or even user skill level.
This environment enables the user to write 4DGL code in its natural form to program the display module.
ViSi - Genie
An advanced environment that does not require any 4DGL coding at all. Everything is done automatically for you. Simply lay the display out with the objects you want (similar to ViSi), set the events to drive them and the code is written for you automatically. ViSi-Genie provides the latest rapid development experience from 4D Systems.
A visual programming experience that enables drag-and-drop type placement of objects to assist with 4DGL code generation and allows the user to visualise how the display will look while being developed.
This environment is also provided to transform the display module into a slave serial display module. It allows the user to control the display from any host microcontroller or device with a serial port.
SMART WIDGETS EDITOR
Smart Widgets Editor is a powerful utility which enables the generation of Smart Widgets.
- Users can create complex widgets with up to six layers, including the layer for the base image. The order of the layers can be arranged as desired.
- Each layer can contain one or more images arranged in sequence that can be manipulated in a variety of ways. Image manipulation options include horizontal motion, vertical motion, and angular motion. Additionally, the transparency of a layer can be set.
- Two or more layers can be linked to produce synchronized movements of images. This enables the generation of complex widgets with multiple moving parts. Clockwork feature is also supported. This enables users to quickly generate clock widgets.
- Each layer can have a numeric part which can display numbers in various fonts and formats. Alternatively, the numeric part can be a fixed sequence of text.
- The output frames can be utilized using any of the supported Workshop4 environments
Genie Magic is an extension to ViSi-Genie, which is available in Workshop4 PRO. Genie Magic allows the User to add 4DGL code to various points in the ViSi-Genie backend code, which allows Users to take full advantage of the power of 4DGL, while retaining the speed and convenience of ViSi-Genie and its defined communication protocol.
Genie Magic allows you to enter 4DGL code in the form of Events, Code and Objects, along with various touch related additions too, giving you to the power to achieve advanced GUI's in ViSi-Genie without having to write the full code yourself.
Genie Magic is fully supported by the genieArduino and geniePi libraries, making communication with an Arduino or Raspberry Pi host even more powerful.
When using Genie Magic in combination with the Smart Widget Editor, it is possible to use the Smart Widgets Editor tool and Smart Widgets to create other graphical user interface elements such as:
- Dropdown Menu
- Side Menu
- 'Carousel Slider'
- List Box
- Quarter-Rotary Menu
- Dock Menu
- Fading Slide-To-Unlock Button
- Spectrum With Transparency
- And Many Others