- A custom embedded 4DGL graphics controller designed to interface with many popular OLED and LCD display panels.
- Latest addition to the 4D Systems processor range, providing more power, more FLASH, more RAM and more features than the PICASO Processor.
The DIABLO16 Processor is the latest addition to the 4D Systems processor range, providing more power, more FLASH, more RAM and more features than the PICASO Processor.
The DIABLO16 Processor is a custom embedded 4DGL graphics controller designed to interface with many popular OLED and LCD display panels. With its powerful graphics, text, image, and animation abilities built-in, along with numerous more features makes the Diablo16 a single chip solution for a wide variety of LCD and OLED display solutions.
The DIABLO16 belongs to 4D Systems family of processors powered by a highly optimised soft core virtual engine, EVE (Extensible Virtual Engine). EVE is a proprietary, high performance virtual processor with an extensive byte-code instruction set optimised to execute compiled 4DGL programs. 4DGL (4D Graphics Language) was specifically developed from ground up for the EVE engine core. It is a high level language which is easy to learn and simple to understand yet powerful enough to tackle many embedded graphics applications.
The processor offers a comprehensive set of I/O features and can interface to SPI, I2C, serial, digital, and analog devices, and provides a wealth of features such as PWM, Quadrature, PulseOut and Pin Counter functions. Provision is also made for a dedicated PWM audio output that supports audio WAV files and complex sound generation.
Information about the processor
- 6 banks of 32750 bytes of Flash memory for User Application Code and Data
- 32Kb of SRAM purely for the User.
- 16 General Purpose I/O pins for user interfacing, which include 4 configurable Analog Inputs.
- The GPIO is variously configurable for alternative functions such as:
- 3x I2C channels available
- 1x dedicated for SD Card and 3x configurable SPI channels available
- 1x dedicated and 3x configurable TTL Serial comm ports available
- Up to 6 GPIO can be used as Pin Counters
- Up to 6 GPIO for PWM (simple and Servo)
- Up to 10 GPIO for Pulse Output
- Up to 14 GPIO can be configured for Quadrature Encoder Inputs (2 channels)
- FAT16 file services.
- Dedicated SPI interface for SDHC/SD memory card for multimedia storage and data logging purposes (micro-SD with up to 2GB and SDHC memory cards starting from 4GB and above). Cards MUST support SPI.
- 4-Wire Resistive Touch panel interface.
- Audio support for wave files and complex sound generation with a dedicated 16-bit PWM audio output.
- 8 x 16 bit timers with 1 millisecond resolution.
- Low-cost OLED, LCD and TFT display graphics user interface solution.
- Ideal as a standalone embedded graphics processor or interface to any host controller as a graphics co-processor.
- Connect to almost any colour display that supports an 80-Series 16 bit wide CPU interface. All data and control signals are provided.
- RoHS compliant.
- Available in a 64 pin TQFP 10mm x 10mm package.
The DIABLO16 includes the following items:
Workshop4 is a comprehensive software IDE for Microsoft Windows that provides an integrated software development platform for all of the 4D family of processors and modules. The IDE combines the Editor, Compiler, Linker and Downloader to develop complete 4DGL application code.
All user application code is developed within the Workshop4 IDE.
Workshop4 includes four development environments for the user to choose based on application requirements or even user skill level.
This environment enables the user to write 4DGL code in its natural form to program the display module.
ViSi - Genie
An advanced environment that does not require any 4DGL coding at all. Everything is done automatically for you. Simply lay the display out with the objects you want (similar to ViSi), set the events to drive them and the code is written for you automatically. ViSi-Genie provides the latest rapid development experience from 4D Systems.
A visual programming experience that enables drag-and-drop type placement of objects to assist with 4DGL code generation and allows the user to visualise how the display will look while being developed.
This environment is also provided to transform the display module into a slave serial display module. It allows the user to control the display from any host microcontroller or device with a serial port.
SMART WIDGETS EDITOR
Smart Widgets Editor is a powerful utility which enables the generation of Smart Widgets.
- Users can create complex widgets with up to six layers, including the layer for the base image. The order of the layers can be arranged as desired.
- Each layer can contain one or more images arranged in sequence that can be manipulated in a variety of ways. Image manipulation options include horizontal motion, vertical motion, and angular motion. Additionally, the transparency of a layer can be set.
- Two or more layers can be linked to produce synchronized movements of images. This enables the generation of complex widgets with multiple moving parts. Clockwork feature is also supported. This enables users to quickly generate clock widgets.
- Each layer can have a numeric part which can display numbers in various fonts and formats. Alternatively, the numeric part can be a fixed sequence of text.
- The output frames can be utilized using any of the supported Workshop4 environments
Genie Magic is an extension to ViSi-Genie, which is available in Workshop4 PRO. Genie Magic allows the User to add 4DGL code to various points in the ViSi-Genie backend code, which allows Users to take full advantage of the power of 4DGL, while retaining the speed and convenience of ViSi-Genie and its defined communication protocol.
Genie Magic allows you to enter 4DGL code in the form of Events, Code and Objects, along with various touch related additions too, giving you to the power to achieve advanced GUI's in ViSi-Genie without having to write the full code yourself.
Genie Magic is fully supported by the genieArduino and geniePi libraries, making communication with an Arduino or Raspberry Pi host even more powerful.
When using Genie Magic in combination with the Smart Widget Editor, it is possible to use the Smart Widgets Editor tool and Smart Widgets to create other graphical user interface elements such as:
- Dropdown Menu
- Side Menu
- 'Carousel Slider'
- List Box
- Quarter-Rotary Menu
- Dock Menu
- Fading Slide-To-Unlock Button
- Spectrum With Transparency
- And Many Others