SK-IOD-09TH (Starter Kit)
- Starter Kit for IoD-09TH
- 0.9", 80x160 pixel Intelligent Display Module
- Integrated WiFi ESP8266 Module
- Suitable for fast implementation of wireless GUI applications
- Through-Hole Mounting
- 4D Workshop4 IDE Compabitble
- Arduino IDE Compatible
0.9" Internet of Displays (IoD) Display Modules
The IoD-09 (Internet of Displays) series is a range of miniature display modules Designed and Manufactured by 4D Systems.
The IoD-09 modules feature a full colour 0.9” TFT LCD display. They are powered by the WiFi enabled ESP8266, which offers an array of functionality and options for any Designer / Integrator / User.
The IoD-09 modules can be easily programmed using 4D Systems Workshop4 IDE or the Arduino IDE installed with the ESP8266 core.
The feature-rich 4D Systems GFX4dIoD09 library enables speedy development of applications by providing extensive primitive graphics functions, enhanced graphics via Workshop4, SD card access, and much more, all integrated into a single library.
The on-board SD card socket enables the use of FAT16 or FAT32 formatted cards for extensive storage capabilities.
The IoD-09 modules feature 12 pads, 6 on each end, for easy and simple connection to an application or mother board, or for connecting to accessory boards for a range of functionality advancements.
The IoD-09TH features Through Hole (TH) pads with male pin headers mounted, and the IoD-09SM features Surface Mount (SM) pads.
This range of modules has been designed to minimise the impact of display related circuitry, and provide a platform suitable for integration into a product.
The IoD-09 modules can act as master or slave devices, they can be effortlessly connected to the internet, can display a raft information and graphics, along with the capability to communicate to SPI, I2C, and/or 1-wire devices, as well as having general GPIO for digital control/input.
Information about the IoD-09 Display Modules
- Powerful Intelligent LCD-TFT display module powered by the Espressif ESP8266 SoC.
- 80 x 160 Resolution, RGB 65K true to life colours, TFT Screen.
- Built in WiFi suitable for ‘Internet of things’ applications.
- 802.11 b/g/n/e/i support
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack
- WiFi 2.4 GHz, supporting WPA/WPA2 and WEP/TKIP/AES, along with STA/AP/STA+AP/P2P operation modes
- 4Mbit (512kb) of Flash memory for User Application Code and Data.
- 128Kb of SRAM of which 80kb is available for the User.
- 12 pin/pad interface, for all signals, power, communications and programming.
- On-board microSD memory card connector for multimedia storage and data logging purposes.
- DOS compatible file access (FAT16 or FAT32 format).
- Display full colour images, animations, and icons.
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply).
- Module dimensions:
- (TH version) 31.8 x 16.4 x 11.7mm.
- (SM version) 37.0 x 16.4 x 5.9mm.
- Weight: (TH / SM) ~5 g.
- RoHS, REACH and CE compliant.
The SK-IoD-09TH includes the following items:
IoD-09TH WiFi enabled Smart Display Module
- 4D-UPA Programming Adaptor
- 4GB Industrial Grade microSD Card
If you are a first time user and just beginning your development, we strongly recommend purchasing this Starter Kit as it includes additional items that allow you to get started with your development immediately.
Workshop4 is a comprehensive software IDE for Microsoft Windows that provides an integrated software development platform for all of the 4D family of processors and modules. The IDE combines the Editor, Compiler, Linker and Downloader to develop complete 4DGL application code.
All user application code is developed within the Workshop4 IDE.
Workshop4 includes four development environments for the user to choose based on application requirements or even user skill level.
This environment enables the user to write 4DGL code in its natural form to program the display module.
ViSi - Genie
An advanced environment that does not require any 4DGL coding at all. Everything is done automatically for you. Simply lay the display out with the objects you want (similar to ViSi), set the events to drive them and the code is written for you automatically. ViSi-Genie provides the latest rapid development experience from 4D Systems.
A visual programming experience that enables drag-and-drop type placement of objects to assist with 4DGL code generation and allows the user to visualise how the display will look while being developed.
This environment is also provided to transform the display module into a slave serial display module. It allows the user to control the display from any host microcontroller or device with a serial port.
SMART WIDGETS EDITOR
Smart Widgets Editor is a powerful utility which enables the generation of Smart Widgets.
- Users can create complex widgets with up to six layers, including the layer for the base image. The order of the layers can be arranged as desired.
- Each layer can contain one or more images arranged in sequence that can be manipulated in a variety of ways. Image manipulation options include horizontal motion, vertical motion, and angular motion. Additionally, the transparency of a layer can be set.
- Two or more layers can be linked to produce synchronized movements of images. This enables the generation of complex widgets with multiple moving parts. Clockwork feature is also supported. This enables users to quickly generate clock widgets.
- Each layer can have a numeric part which can display numbers in various fonts and formats. Alternatively, the numeric part can be a fixed sequence of text.
- The output frames can be utilized using any of the supported Workshop4 environments
Genie Magic is an extension to ViSi-Genie, which is available in Workshop4 PRO. Genie Magic allows the User to add 4DGL code to various points in the ViSi-Genie backend code, which allows Users to take full advantage of the power of 4DGL, while retaining the speed and convenience of ViSi-Genie and its defined communication protocol.
Genie Magic allows you to enter 4DGL code in the form of Events, Code and Objects, along with various touch related additions too, giving you to the power to achieve advanced GUI's in ViSi-Genie without having to write the full code yourself.
Genie Magic is fully supported by the genieArduino and geniePi libraries, making communication with an Arduino or Raspberry Pi host even more powerful.
When using Genie Magic in combination with the Smart Widget Editor, it is possible to use the Smart Widgets Editor tool and Smart Widgets to create other graphical user interface elements such as:
- Dropdown Menu
- Side Menu
- 'Carousel Slider'
- List Box
- Quarter-Rotary Menu
- Dock Menu
- Fading Slide-To-Unlock Button
- Spectrum With Transparency
- And Many Others