Amazing 3.5″ Display Module powered by a PIC32
The Picadillo-35T is a 3.5″ 320×480 resolution (Half VGA) Embedded Display Module with Resistive Touch, featuring the Microchip PIC32MX795F512L 32bit microcontroller and Arduino / chipKIT style headers for easy attachment of shields, and compatible with UECIDE, MPIDE and MPLAB X Programming IDEs, making this a brilliant display solution with open source software.
The Picadillo-35T was designed with complete system control in mind. It features a 3.5″ display along with a ton of GPIO, making it a perfect candidate for system control which demands a GUI or user interface.
The PIC32MX795F512L is a powerful 32bit microcontroller from Microchip, which has 512Kb of Flash and 128Kb of SRAM, runs at 80Mhz and is capable of 105 DMIPS. It features a PMP graphics port which is used to connect the on board 3.5″ display, allowing for fast graphics fully controlled by the Users code. The same PIC32 is found on the popular chipKIT Max32 Development Board.
The Picadillo-35T has been designed to be programmed using the UECIDE IDE, which is based on the Arduino IDE however with various enhancements and improvements. It can also be used with MPIDE, or even using Microchip MPLAB X. Using UECIDE or MPIDE, the display module can essentially be treated as if it was a chipKIT MAX32 and programmed using the familiar programming language found on the Arduino/chipKIT.
UECIDE can be used to program Arduino boards as well as chipKIT boards, and is compatible with many existing Arduino and chipKIT libraries, allowing easy migration from existing boards!
The Picadillo-35T features an on board FTDI USB to TTL converter for programming and powering the display, along with an ICSP connection for using programmers such as the PICKIT3.
It also features an on board microSD connector, on board audio amplifier and speaker, RTC oscillator, and headers in the layout of the popular chipKIT Uno32.
If you can program the Arduino or the chipKIT range of products, or you want to get started, this product is for you. It features the best of the microcontroller platforms, coupled with a 3.5″ Display, Audio, microSD card and the familiar programming language.
The Picadillo-35T does NOT use the Workshop4 IDE. It uses UECIDE as the Primary IDE.
NOT RECOMMENDED FOR NEW DESIGNS
Information about the display module
- Powerful 3.5″ Embedded LCD-TFT display module powered by a Microchip PIC32MX795F512L 32bit microcontroller.
- 320×480 HVGA Resolution, RGB 65K true to life colours, TFT Screen with integrated 4-wire Resistive Touch Panel.
- 512 Kbytes of Flash memory for User Application Code and Data.
- 128 Kbytes of SRAM.
- 47 General Purpose I/O pins for user interfacing, which include 12 Analog Inputs.
- Analog Inputs are 0V – 3.3V DC
- chipKIT Uno32 style headers, compatible with Arduino style shields, for easy interfacing.
- The GPIO is variously configurable for alternative functions such as:
- Up to 4 I2C channels available
- Up to 3 SPI channels available, with an additional channel dedicated for the microSD card.
- Up to 4 TTL Serial Comm ports available
- Up to 4 GPIO for PWM, can also be used for Audio and Backlight control
- Open Source Software
- On-board FTDI USB to TTL converter for power/programming.
- Breakout of the PIC32 on-board USB connections.
- On-board micro-SD memory card connector for multimedia storage and data logging purposes.
- Mono PWM Audio selectable using 1 of the PWM channels, filtered and fed to an on-board 1W amplifier, driving an on board speaker.
- 5.0V Supply, available to be powered from the on-board USB port, or 5V DC Jack. Compatible international 1Amp DC Adaptors are available.
- Module dimensions: 57 x 85.2 x 15.8mm (including corner plates). Weighing ~56 g.
- Display Viewing Area: 49.7 x 77.0mm
- 4x corner plates with 2.6mm holes for mechanical mounting.
- RoHS and CE Compliant.
The Picadillo-35T includes the following items:
- Picadillo-35T Display Module