0.96″ micro OLED Display
The uOLED-96G2 is a compact and cost-effective display module using the latest state-of-the-art Passive Matrix OLED (PMOLED) technology with an embedded GOLDELOX graphics processor that delivers ‘stand-alone’ functionality to any project.
Powerful graphics, text, images, animation, and countless more features are built inside the GOLDELOX chip. The module is designed to work out of the box and you are now ready to write your code in 4DGL (a high-level 4D Graphics Language) using the 4DGL-Workshop4 IDE (editor, compiler, and downloader). This will save weeks even months of development time on your next embedded graphics project.
4DGL is a graphics-oriented language that allows the developer to write applications in a high-level language, with syntax similar to popular languages such as BASIC, C, and Pascal. The module offers modest but comprehensive I/O features that can interface to serial, analogue, digital, buttons, joystick, sound generation, and Dallas 1-wire devices.
This module can be programmed using 3 different environments in the Workshop4 IDE. Designer, ViSi, and Serial. Please refer to the Workshop4 Product Page for more information and documentation on these environments.
In short, the uOLED-96G2 offers one of the most flexible embedded graphics solutions available.
Information about the display module
- Low-cost OLED display graphics user interface solution.
- 96 x 64 resolution, 65K true-to-life colours, PMOLED screen.
- 0.96″ diagonal size Active Area on the OLED Display.
- No backlighting with a near 180° viewing angle.
- Easy 10-pin interface to any external device:
- 3.3Vout, IO2, GND, IO1, RESET, GND, RX, TX, +5V, 5V OUT.
- Powered by the 4D-Labs GOLDELOX graphics processor highly optimised for 4DGL, the high-level 4D Graphics Language.
- 2 x GPIO port supports:
- Digital I/O
- A/D converter with 8/10 bit resolution
- Complex sound generation
- Dedicated RTTTL tune engine
- Multi-Switch Joystick, Buttons
- Dallas 1-Wire
- 10K bytes of flash memory for user code storage and 510 bytes of RAM for user variables (255 x 16bit vars).
- 1 x Asynchronous hardware serial port, TTL interface, with 300 baud to 600K baud.
- On-board micro-SD memory card adaptor for storing icons, images, animations, etc. Supports 64MB to 2GB micro-SD memory cards. A SPI-compatible micro-SD card is required.
- A comprehensive set of built-in high-level 4DGL graphics functions and algorithms that can draw lines, circles, text, and much more.
- Display full-colour images, animations, icons, and video clips.
- Supports all available Windows fonts and characters (imported as external fonts).
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply).
- Module dimensions: 26 x 21 x 13.2mm.
- Weighing ~ 4.5g.
- Display Viewing Area: 20.1 x 13.4mm
- 4 x corner plates with 2mm holes for mechanical mounting.
- RoHS Compliant.
- CE Compliant (On Modules with CE Mark).
The uOLED-96-G2 includes the following items:
- uOLED-96-G2 Smart Display Module
- 150mm 5-way Female-Female Jumper Cable
- 5-way Male-Male Adaptor
- Getting Started Guide Available as a Download
If you are a first-time user and just beginning your development, we strongly recommend purchasing a Starter Kit of this same model as it includes additional items that allow you to get started with your development immediately.
Starter Kit part number is SK-96G2.