3.5″ DIABLO16 Display Module Pack for the Arduino
This 4D Systems Display Module Pack for the Arduino (and variants) is made up of a uLCD-35DT Display Module and an 4D Arduino Adaptor Shield to easily connect an Arduino to the 4D Systems Display.
This Display Module Pack enables an Arduino user to quickly connect the 4D Arduino Adaptor Shield to their Arduino, connect the 5 way cable between the Adaptor and the Display Module, and be connected in seconds to start programming their new 4D Systems Display.
The uLCD-35DT can be configured in a number of ways using the 4D Systems Workshop4 IDE. There are 4 programming Environments to choose from, to enable the widest range of options possible and to suit a wide range of Users and projects alike.
Communication to the Display Module is performed via the Arduinoâ€™s hardware serial port.
A single digital on the Arduino is utilised for an external reset for the display.
For a detailed listing of the capabilities of the display module in this Arduino Pack, please refer to the datasheet for the display itself, available from the Product Page of the uLCD-35DT.
For support relating to the Arduino Hardware, please refer to the Arduino Support Forum.
Information about the display module
- Powerful 3.5″ Intelligent LCD-TFT display module powered by DIABLO16
- 480×320 HVGA Resolution, RGB 65K true to life colours, TFT Screen with integrated 4-wire Resistive Touch Panel
- Easy 5 pin interface to any TTL Serial Host: VCC, TX, RX, GND, RESET
- 6 banks of 32750 bytes of Flash memory for User Application Code and Data
- 32Kb of SRAM purely for the User
- 16 General Purpose I/O pins for user interfacing, which include 4 configurable Analog Inputs
- The GPIO is variously configurable for alternative functions such as:
- 3x I2C channels available
- 1x dedicated for SD Card and 3x configurable SPI channels available
- 1x dedicated and 3x configurable TTL Serial comm ports available
- Up to 6 GPIO can be used as Pin Counters
- Up to 6 GPIO for PWM (simple and Servo)
- Up to 10 GPIO for Pulse Output
- Up to 14 GPIO can be configured for Quadrature Encoder Inputs (2 channels)
- On-board micro-SD memory card connector for multimedia storage and data logging purposes. HC memory card support is also available for cards larger than 4GB. An SPI Compatible micro-SD card is required
- Alternative micro-SD memory card connector is available on special orders
- DOS compatible file access (FAT16 format) as well as low level access to card memory
- Dedicated raw PWM Audio pin driven by WAV files from micro-SD card
- Display full colour images, animations, icons and video clips on chosen 4D Systems display
- Supports all available Windows fonts
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply)
- Module dimensions: 57 x 85.2 x 15.8mm (including corner plates)
- Weight ~50 g.
- Display Viewing Area: 49.7 x 77.0mm
- 4x corner plates with 2.6mm holes for mechanical mounting
- RoHS Compliant
- CE Compliant
The uLCD-35DT-AR includes the following items:
- uLCD-35DT Intelligent Display Module
- 4D Arduino Adaptor Shield-II
- 150mm 5 way Female-Female jumper cable
- 5 way Male-Male adaptor
- Getting Started Manual available as a Download
If you are a first time user and just beginning your development, we strongly recommend purchasing a Starter Kit of this same model as it includes additional items that allow you to get started with your development immediately.
Starter Kit part number is SK-35DT-AR.