The uLCD-43 is an intelligent graphics display that harnesses the power to deliver a diverse range of features in a single, compact cost effective unit. Embedded at the heart of the design is the PICASO processor, which is driven by a highly optimised virtual core engine; EVE (Extensible Virtual Engine).
An extensive range of hardware and software peripherals have been integrated into the design, to give the user freedom to adapt the module to suit almost any application. Features include; a 4.3″ TFT 480×272 touch screen display, audio, micro-SD card connector, an expansion port along with a series of GPIO, I2C pins and serial comms.
The uLCD-43 serves as the perfect solution to be deployed at the forefront of any product design, requiring a brilliance of colour, animation or images on a 4.3″ widescreen display.
- uLCD-43P (Non Touch version)
- uLCD-43PT (Resistive Touch version)
- uLCD-43PCT (Capacitive Touch version) – No Longer Available for Purchase
NOT RECOMMENDED FOR NEW DESIGNS – Please contact Sales for Questions/Concerns. Please refer to our gen4 range for alternate products.
Information about the display module
- 4.3” Intelligent LCD-TFT display module powered by Picaso processor
- 480 x 272 QVGA resolution, RGB 65K true to life colours, TFT screen
- Optional Integrated Touch Panel:Easy 5 pin interface to any host device:VCC, TX, RX, GND, RESET.Powered by the 4D-Labs PICASO processor (also available as separate OEM IC for volume users).
- P – Non-Touch
- PT – 4-Wire Resistive Touch (least sensitive; best used with stylus touch)
- PCT – Capacitive Touch (most sensitive; best used with finger touch)
- 14KB of Flash memory for user code storage and 14KB of SRAM for user variables
- 2 x Asynchronous hardware serial ports (COM0, COM1), TTL interface, with 300 to 600K baud
- 1 x I2C interface (Master)
- 8 x 16 bit timers with 1 millisecond resolution
- 13 x General Purpose I/O pins. Supports fast 8-bit parallel data transfer through Upper 8 bits
- On-board micro-SD memory card socket for multimedia and data logging with SDHC memory card support. A SPI compatible micro-SD card is required
- DOS compatible file access (FAT16 format) as well as low level access to card memory
- Dedicated PWM Audio pin supports FAT16 audio WAV files and complex sound generation
- On-board audio amplifier with a tiny 8Î© speaker for sound generation and WAV file playback
- Built in extensive 4DGL graphics and system library functions. For all available features and functions under the 4DGL programming language
- Display full colour images, animations, icons and video clips
- Supports all available Windows fonts
- 2 x 15 pin 0.1″ Pitch SMT header for I/O expansion and future plug-in daughter boards
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply)
- Module dimensions: 105 x 67.3 x 15mm (including corner plates)
- Weighing ~ 89g
- Display Viewing Area: 95.0 x 53.9mm
- 4 x corner plates with 3mm holes for mechanical mounting
- RoHS Compliant
- CE Compliant (On modules with CE Mark)
The uLCD-43PCT includes the following items:
- uLCD-43PCT Intelligent TFT-LCD Module
- 150mm 5 way Female-Female jumper cable
- 5 way Male-Male adaptor
- Getting Started Manual available as a Download