The uLCD-43PT-AR is an Arduino Display Module Pack, which includes a uLCD-43PT
4.3″ LCD Display with Resistive Touch, a 4D Arduino Adaptor Shield and 5 way interface cable.
The uLCD-43PT-AR includes an Arduino Adpator Shield which is used to interface the uLCD-43PT Display with an Arduino, to provide a quick and easy interface without any wiring hassles.
The Arduino Display Module Pack enables an Arduino user to quickly connect the 4D Arduino Adaptor Shield to their Arduino, connect the 5 way cable between the Adaptor and the Display Module, and be connected in seconds to start programming their new 4D Systems Display.
The uLCD-43PT-AR has a comprehensive ViSi-Genie Library for the Arduino, which provides a rapid programming experience for Arduino users, to create both simple and complex GUI’s with ease. A Serial Library is also provided to easily interfeace to the Arduino, which prives an simple method to draw primitives such as lines, rectangles, circles and text, displaying images, playing sound and logging data to uSD card.
Utilises the Arduino’s UART Serial Port and a single Digital pin.
For support relating specifically to the Arduino hardware/software, please refer to the Arduino Support Forum
For support relating to 4D Systems hardware or interfacing to an Arduino, please refer to the 4D Systems Support Forum
NOT RECOMMENDED FOR NEW DESIGNS – Please contact Sales for Questions/Concerns. Please refer to our gen4 range for alternate products.
Information about the display module
- 4.3” Intelligent LCD-TFT display module powered by Picaso processor
- 480 x 272 QVGA resolution, RGB 65K true to life colours, TFT screen
- Optional Integrated Touch Panel: Easy 5 pin interface to any host device: VCC, TX, RX, GND, RESET. Powered by the 4D-Labs PICASO processor (also available as separate OEM IC for volume users).
- P – Non-Touch
- PT – 4-Wire Resistive Touch (least sensitive; best used with stylus touch)
- PCT – Capacitive Touch (most sensitive; best used with finger touch)
- 14KB of Flash memory for user code storage and 14KB of SRAM for user variables
- 2 x Asynchronous hardware serial ports (COM0, COM1), TTL interface, with 300 to 600K baud
- 1 x I2C interface (Master)
- 8 x 16 bit timers with 1 millisecond resolution
- 13 x General Purpose I/O pins. Supports fast 8-bit parallel data transfer through Upper 8 bits
- On-board micro-SD memory card socket for multimedia and data logging with SDHC memory card support. A SPI compatible micro-SD card is required
- DOS compatible file access (FAT16 format) as well as low level access to card memory
- Dedicated PWM Audio pin supports FAT16 audio WAV files and complex sound generation
- On-board audio amplifier with a tiny 8Î© speaker for sound generation and WAV file playback
- Built in extensive 4DGL graphics and system library functions. For all available features and functions under the 4DGL programming language
- Display full colour images, animations, icons and video clips
- Supports all available Windows fonts
- 2 x 15 pin 0.1″ Pitch SMT header for I/O expansion and future plug-in daughter boards
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply)
- Module dimensions: 105 x 67.3 x 15mm (including corner plates)
- Weighing ~ 89g
- Display Viewing Area: 95.0 x 53.9mm
- 4 x corner plates with 3mm holes for mechanical mounting
- RoHS Compliant
- CE Compliant (On modules with CE Mark)
The uLCD-43PT-AR includes the following items:
- uLCD-43PT Intelligent Display Module
- 4D Arduino Adaptor Shield-II
- 150mm 5 way Female-Female jumper cable
- 5 way Male-Male adaptor
- Getting Started Manual available as a Download
If you are a first time user and just beginning your development, we strongly recommend purchasing a Starter Kit of this same model as it includes additional items that allow you to get started with your development immediately.
Starter Kit part number is SK-43PT-AR.