4.3″ Raspberry Pi Display Module for the Raspberry Pi A, B and B
The uLCD-43PT-PI is a Raspberry Pi Display Module Pack, which includes a uLCD-43PT
4.3″ Resistive Touch LCD Display with Resistive Touch, a 4D Pi Adaptor and 5 way interface cable.
The uLCD-43PT-PI customises the uLCD-43PT Display specifically for interfacing with the Raspberry Pi, to provide a quick and easy interface without any wiring hassles.
The Raspberry Pi Display Module Pack enables a Raspberry Pi user to quickly connect the 4D Pi Adaptor Shield to their Raspberry Pi, connect the 5 way cable between the Adaptor and the Display Module, and be connected in seconds to start programming their new 4D Systems Display.
The uLCD-43PT-PI has a comprehensive ViSi-Genie library written to communicate with the Raspberry Pi, allowing the Visi-Genie events to be easily understood by the Raspberry Pi and users code.
Utilises the Raspberry Pi’s UART Serial Port.
For a detailed listing of the capabilities of the display module in this Raspberry Pi Pack, please refer to the datasheet for the display itself, available from the Product Page of the uLCD-43PT.
Information about the display module
- 4.3” Intelligent LCD-TFT display module powered by Picaso processor
- 480 x 272 QVGA resolution, RGB 65K true to life colours, TFT screen
- Optional Integrated Touch Panel:Easy 5 pin interface to any host device:VCC, TX, RX, GND, RESET.Powered by the 4D-Labs PICASO processor (also available as separate OEM IC for volume users).
- P – Non-Touch
- PT – 4-Wire Resistive Touch (least sensitive; best used with stylus touch)
- PCT – Capacitive Touch (most sensitive; best used with finger touch)
- 14KB of Flash memory for user code storage and 14KB of SRAM for user variables
- 2 x Asynchronous hardware serial ports (COM0, COM1), TTL interface, with 300 to 600K baud
- 1 x I2C interface (Master)
- 8 x 16 bit timers with 1 millisecond resolution
- 13 x General Purpose I/O pins. Supports fast 8-bit parallel data transfer through Upper 8 bits
- On-board micro-SD memory card socket for multimedia and data logging with SDHC memory card support. A SPI compatible micro-SD card is required
- DOS compatible file access (FAT16 format) as well as low level access to card memory
- Dedicated PWM Audio pin supports FAT16 audio WAV files and complex sound generation
- On-board audio amplifier with a tiny 8Î© speaker for sound generation and WAV file playback
- Built in extensive 4DGL graphics and system library functions. For all available features and functions under the 4DGL programming language
- Display full colour images, animations, icons and video clips
- Supports all available Windows fonts
- 2 x 15 pin 0.1″ Pitch SMT header for I/O expansion and future plug-in daughter boards
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply)
- Module dimensions: 105 x 67.3 x 15mm (including corner plates)
- Weighing ~ 89g
- Display Viewing Area: 95.0 x 53.9mm
- 4 x corner plates with 3mm holes for mechanical mounting
- RoHS Compliant
- CE Compliant (On modules with CE Mark)
The uLCD-43PT-Pi includes the following items:
- uLCD-43PT Intelligent Display Module
- 4D Serial Pi Adaptor
- 5 way ribbon cable
- Getting Started Manual available as a Download
If you are a first time user and just beginning your development, we strongly recommend purchasing a Starter Kit of this same model as it includes additional items that allow you to get started with your development immediately.
Starter Kit part number is SK-43PT-Pi.