7.0″ DIABLO16 Intelligent Display
The uLCD-70DT is designed for applications demanding a large intelligent display module, and is the largest size available from 4D Systems to date.
Driving the display and peripherals is the DIABLO16 processor, a very capable and powerful chip which enables stand-alone functionality, programmed using the 4D Systems Workshop 4 IDE Software. The Workshop IDE enables graphic solutions to be constructed rapidly and with ease due to its design being solely for 4D’s graphics processors.
The DIABLO16 Processor offers considerable FLASH and RAM upgrades over the PICASO processor, and also provides mappable functions such as I2C, SPI, Serial, PWM, Pulse Out, and Quadrature Input, to various GPIO, and also provide up to 4 Analog Input channels.
The display module has an array of features including PWM for Sound, Touch Detection, micro-SD memory storage, general purpose I/O including Analog Inputs, multiple TTL Serial, I2C and SPI channels and multiple millisecond resolution timers, amongst many more features.
Anything that has been designed in the past to run on a PICASO Processor can theoretically run on this DIABLO16 Module with minor changes. Please ensure you contact the 4D Systems’ support team if unsure if you are upgrading from a PICASO product and want to design with or change over to this uLCD-70DT Module.
Information about the display module
- Powerful 7.0″ Intelligent LCD-TFT display module powered by DIABLO16.
- 800 x 480 Resolution, RGB 65K true to-life colours, TFT Screen with integrated 4-wire Resistive Touch Panel.
- Easy 5-pin interface to any TTL Serial Host:
VCC, TX, RX, GND, RESET
- 6 banks of 32750 bytes of Flash memory for User Application Code and Data
- 32Kb of SRAM purely for the User.
- 16 General Purpose I/O pins for user interfacing, which include 4 configurable Analog Inputs.
- On-board micro-SD memory card connector for multimedia storage and data logging purposes. HC memory card support is also available for cards larger than 4GB. A SPI-compatible micro-SD card is required.
- Micro-SD signals are available externally if an external micro-SD card connector is preferred
- DOS-compatible file access (FAT16 format) as well as low-level access to card memory.
- Dedicated raw PWM Audio pin driven by WAV files from a micro-SD card.
- The GPIO is variously configurable for alternative functions such as:
- 3x I2C channels available
- 1x dedicated for SD Card and 3x configurable SPI channels available
- 1x dedicated and 3x configurable TTL Serial comm ports available
- Up to 6 GPIO can be used as Pin Counters
- Up to 6 GPIO for PWM (simple and Servo)
- Up to 10 GPIO for Pulse Output
- Up to 14 GPIO can be configured for Quadrature Encoder Inputs (2 channels)
- Display full colour images, animations, icons and video clips on chosen 4D Systems display.
- Supports all available Windows fonts.
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply).
- Module dimensions: 165 x 100 x 15.5 mm (including tabs), Weighing ~208g.
- Display Viewing Area: 154.1 x 85.9mm
- 4x mounting tabs with 3.5mm holes for mechanical mounting.
- RoHS and CE Compliant.
The uLCD-70DT includes the following items:
- uLCD-70DT Intelligent TFT-LCD Module
- 150mm 5-way Female-Female jumper cable
- 5-way Male-Male adaptor
- Getting Started Manual available as a Download
If you are a first-time user and just beginning your development, we strongly recommend purchasing a Starter Kit of this same model as it includes additional items that allow you to get started with your development immediately.
Starter Kit part number is SK-70DT.