The gen4-IoD (Internet of Displays) series of is part of the latest gen4 Range of modules Designed and Manufactured by 4D Systems.
The gen4 series was designed specifically for ease of integration and use, with careful consideration for space requirements and functionality.
This specific gen4 module features a 3.2” colour TFT LCD display, with Resistive Touch. It is powered by the WiFi enabled ESP8266, which offers an array of functionality and options for any Designer / Integrator / User.
The gen4-IoD range can be easily programmed using 4D Systems Workshop4 or the Arduino IDE installed with the ESP8266 core.
The feature rich 4D Systems GFX4d library enables speedy development of applications by providing extensive primitive graphics functions, enhanced graphics via Workshop4, SD card and touch routines, integrated into a single library.
The on-board SD card socket enables the use of FAT16 or FAT32 formatted cards for extensive storage capabilities.
The gen4-IoD series of Integrated Display Modules features a 10 pin ZIF socket, designed for a 10 pin FFC cable, for easy and simple connection to an application or mother board, or for connecting to accessory boards for a range of functionality advancements.
The gen4 series of modules has been designed to minimise the impact of display related circuitry, and provide a platform suitable for integration into a product. Application boards can sit flush on the back of the gen4 if required, as the display related electronics sit inside the plastic mounting base, leaving the application board surface clear for User circuitry.
Information about this gen4-IoD display module
- Powerful Intelligent LCD-TFT display module powered by the Espressif ESP8266 SoC.
- 3.2″ 320 x 240 Resolution, RGB 65K true to life colours, TFT Screen with integrated 4-wire Resistive Touch Panel.
- Built in WiFi suitable for ‘Internet of things’ applications.
- 802.11 b/g/n/e/i support Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack
- WiFi 2.4 GHz, supporting WPA/WPA2 and WEP/TKIP/AES, along with STA/AP/STA+AP/P2P operation modes
- 4Mbit (512kb) of Flash memory for User Application Code and Data.
- 128Kb of SRAM of which 80kb is available for the User.
- 10 pin FFC connection, for all signals, power, communications and programming.
- On-board latch type microSD memory card connector for multimedia storage and data logging purposes.
- DOS compatible file access (FAT16 or FAT32 format).
- Display full colour images, animations, and icons.
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply).
- Module dimensions: 95.7 x 57.1 x 7.3mm
- Weight: ~44 g.
- 4x mounting tabs with 3.2mm holes for mechanical mounting using M3 screws.
- RoHS, REACH and CE compliant.
The gen4-IoD-32T includes the following items:
- gen4-IoD-32T Display Module
- 4D-UPA Programming Adaptor
- 10-way FFC Cable
If you are a first time user and just beginning your development, we strongly recommend purchasing a Starter Kit of this same model as it includes additional items that allow you to get started with your development immediately.
Starter Kit part number is SK-gen4-IoD-32T.