gen4 2.4″ Intelligent Display Module with PICASO Graphics Controller with Hardware Interface for Arduino
The gen4 2.4” Picaso Integrated Display Module is part of the latest gen4 series of modules Designed and Manufactured by 4D Systems.
This hardware bundle includes the 4D Arduino Adaptor Shield II which allows fast and easy hardware interface to any Arduino board with the standard Arduino Headers and allows you to quickly and easily add a full colour HMI to your Arduino project.
The gen4 series was designed specifically for ease of integration and use, with careful consideration for space requirements and functionality.
This specific gen4 module features a 2.4” colour TFT LCD display, with resistive touch. It is powered by the well-known 4D Systems Picaso Graphics Processor, which offers an array of functionality and options for any Designer / Integrator / User.
The 2.4” Picaso Integrated Display Module features a TFT LCD Display, is capable of Touch Detection, microSD memory Storage, GPIO and Communications, along with multiple millisecond resolution timers, and Audio Generation.
The gen4 Series is 100% compatible with the Workshop4 IDE and its 4 different development environments, providing the User with a wealth of options for programming and controlling their system.
The gen4 series of Integrated Display Modules features a 30 pin ZIF socket, designed for a 30 pin FPC cable, for easy and simple connection to an application or mother board, or for connecting to accessory boards for a range of functionality advancements.
The gen4 series of modules has been designed to minimise the impact of display related circuitry, and provide a platform suitable for integration into a product. Application boards can sit flush on the back of the gen4 if required, as the display related electronics sit inside the plastic mounting base, leaving the application board surface clear for User circuitry.
Information about the display module
- Universal 2.4” Intelligent LCD-TFT display module powered by the Picaso Processor.
- 240 x 320 Resolution, RGB 65K true to life colours, TFT Screen with integrated 4-wire Resistive Touch Panel.
- 14KB of Flash memory for User Application Code and Data.
- 14KB of SRAM for user variables, or 14KB shared user code and program variables.
- 2 x Asynchronous hardware serial ports (COM0, COM1), TTL interface, with 300 to 600K baud.
- 1 x I2C interface (Master).
- 8 x 16 bit timers with 1 millisecond resolution.
- 13 x General Purpose I/O pins. Supports fast 8-bit parallel data transfer through Upper 8 bits.
- 30pin FPC connection, for all signals, power, communications, GPIO and programming.
- On-board latch type micro-SD memory card connector for multimedia storage and data logging purposes.
- DOS compatible file access (FAT16 format) as well as low level access to card memory.
- Dedicated PWM Audio pin driven by WAV files from micro-SD card, and for sound generation, for an external amplifier.
- Built in extensive 4DGL graphics and system library functions.
- Display full colour images, animations, icons and video clips.
- Supports all available Windows fonts.
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply).
- Module dimensions: 78.4 x 44.8 x 7.2mm.
- 4x mounting tabs with 3.2mm holes for mechanical mounting using M3 screws.
- RoHS and REACH compliant.
- CE Compliant – please ask for CE declarations from our Support Team.
The gen4-uLCD-24PT-AR includes the following items:
- gen4-uLCD-24PT Intelligent Display Module
- 4D Arduino Adaptor Shield-II
- gen4-IB Interface Board
- 30-way 150mm FFC Cable
- 5-way female-to-female ribbon cable with male-to-male adaptor
- Quick Start Guide Available as a Download
If you are a first time user and just beginning your development, we strongly recommend purchasing a Starter Kit of this same model as it includes additional items that allow you to get started with your development immediately.
Starter Kit part number is SK-gen4-24PT-AR.