4.3″ gen4 Series Intelligent Display Module with DIABLO16 Graphics Controller
The gen4 4.3” Diablo16 Integrated Display Modules are part of the latest gen4 series of modules Designed and Manufactured by 4D Systems.
The gen4 series was designed specifically for ease of integration and use, with careful consideration for space requirements and functionality.
There are two resolution options with the 4.3″ modules, Standard Resolution (480×272) and High Resolution (800×480). Both resolution options have the same touchscreen options mentioned above. High-Resolution models feature -HR in their name. Both are mechanically identical, so Standard and High-Resolution models can be used interchangeably for mechanical mounting solutions.
These specific gen4 modules feature a 4.3” colour TFT LCD display, and come with options for Cover Lens Bezel (CLB), Resistive Touch and Capacitive Touch. They is powered by the well-known 4D Systems Diablo16 Graphics Processor, which offers an array of functionality and options for any Designer / Integrator / User.
The 4.3” Diablo16 Integrated Display Module features a TFT LCD Display, and is capable of Touch Detection, microSD memory Storage, GPIO and Communications, along with multiple millisecond resolution timers, and Audio Generation.
The gen4 Series is 100% compatible with the Workshop4 IDE and its 4 different development environments, providing the user with a wealth of options for programming and controlling their system.
The gen4 series of Integrated Display Modules feature a 30-pin ZIF socket, designed for a 30-pin FFC cable, for easy and simple connection to an application or mother board, or for connecting to accessory boards for a range of functionality advancements.
The gen4 series of modules have been designed to minimise the impact of display-related circuitry and provide a platform suitable for integration into a product. Application boards can sit flush on the back of the gen4 display module if required, as the display-related electronics sit inside the plastic mounting base, leaving the application board surface clear for User circuitry.
Models in this size:
- gen4-uLCD-43D (non Touch, without Cover Lens Bezel)
- gen4-uLCD-43DT (Resistive Touch, without Cover Lens Bezel)
- gen4-uLCD-43D-CLB (non-Touch, Cover Lens Bezel)
- gen4-uLCD-43DCT (Capacitive Touch)
- gen4-uLCD-43DCT-CLB (Capacitive Touch, with Cover Lens Bezel)
- gen4-uLCD-43D-SB (non Touch, without Cover Lens Bezel, Superbright Display)
- gen4-uLCD-43DT-SB (Resistive Touch, without Cover Lens Bezel, Superbright Display)
- gen4-uLCD-43D-CLB-SB (non-Touch, Cover Lens Bezel, Superbright Display)
- gen4-uLCD-43DCT-SB (Capacitive Touch, Superbright Display)
- gen4-uLCD-43DCT-CLB-SB (Capacitive Touch, Cover Lens Bezel, Superbright Display)
- gen4-uLCD-43D-HR (High Resolution, non-Touch, without Cover Lens Bezel)
- gen4-uLCD-43DT-HR (High Resolution, Resistive Touch, without Cover Lens Bezel)
- gen4-uLCD-43DCT-HR (High Resolution, Capacitive Touch)
- gen4-uLCD-43DCT-CLB-HR (High Resolution, Capacitive Touch, with Cover Lens Bezel)
Information about the display module
- Powerful 4.3″ Intelligent LCD-TFT display module powered by DIABLO16.
- 800×480 (High Resolution), RGB 65K true-to-life colours, TFT Screen with non-touch (D), integrated 4-wire Resistive Touch Panel (DT), or Capacitive Touch Panel (DCT). DCT is available with or without Cover Lens Bezel (CLB).
- 6 banks of 32750 bytes of Flash memory for User Application Code and Data.
- 32Kb of SRAM purely for the User.
- 16 General Purpose I/O pins for user interfacing, which include 4 configurable Analog Inputs.
- The GPIO is variously configurable for alternative functions such as:
- 3x I2C channels available.
- 1x SPI dedicated for SD Card and 3x configurable SPI channels > available.
- 1x dedicated and 3x configurable TTL Serial comm ports > available.
- Up to 6 GPIO can be used as Pin Counters.
- Up to 6 GPIO for PWM (simple and Servo).
- Up to 10 GPIO for Pulse Output.
- Up to 14 GPIO can be configured for Quadrature Encoder Inputs (2 > channels).
- 30pin FPC connection, for all signals, power, communications, GPIO and programming.
- Latch-type micro-SD memory card connector for multimedia storage and data logging purposes.
- DOS-compatible file access (FAT16 format) as well as low-level access to card memory.
- Dedicated PWM Audio pin for sound generation, for an external amplifier.
- Display full-colour images, animations, icons, and video clips.
- Supports all available Windows fonts.
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply).
- 4x mounting tabs with 4.0mm holes for mechanical mounting using M4 screws (D/DT/DCT Models only).
- 3M Adhesive around the perimeter of CLB for mounting the DCT-CLB model
- RoHS, REACH, and CE compliant.
- PCB is UL 94V-0 Flammability Rated.
- Module dimensions:
- (D): 127.6 x 69.3 x 6.7mm
- (D-CLB): 123.0 x 84.5 x 7.4mm
- (DT): 127.6 x 69.3 x 7.8mm
- (DCT): 127.6 x 69.3 x 8.1mm
- (DCT-CLB): 123.0 x 84.5 x 8.4mm
The gen4-uLCD-43D-HR includes the following items:
- gen4-uLCD-43D-HR Intelligent Display Module
- gen4-IB Interface Board
- 30-way 150mm FFC Cable
- Quick Start Guide is Available as a Download.
If you are a first-time user and just beginning your development, we strongly recommend purchasing a Starter Kit of this same model as it includes additional items that allow you to get started with your development immediately.
The Starter Kit part number is SK-gen4-43D-HR