5.0″ gen4 Series Intelligent Display Module with DIABLO16 Graphics Controller with Hardware Interface for Arduino
The gen4 5.0” Diablo16 Integrated Display Modules are part of the latest gen4 series of modules Designed and Manufactured by 4D Systems.
This hardware bundle includes the 4D Arduino Adaptor Shield II which allows fast and easy hardware interface to any Arduino board with the standard Arduino Headers and allows you to quickly and easily add a full colour HMI to your Arduino project.
The gen4 series was designed specifically for ease of integration and use, with careful consideration for space requirements and functionality.
These specific gen4 modules feature a 5.0” colour TFT LCD display, and come with options for Cover Lens Bezel (CLB), and resistive touch. They are powered by the well-known 4D Systems Diablo16 Graphics Processor, which offers an array of functionality and options for any Designer / Integrator / User.
The 5.0” Diablo16 Integrated Display Module features a TFT LCD Display, is capable of Touch Detection, microSD memory Storage, GPIO and Communications, along with multiple millisecond resolution timers, and Audio Generation.
The gen4 Series is 100% compatible with the Workshop4 IDE and its 4 different development environments, providing the User with a wealth of options for programming and controlling their system.
The gen4 series of Integrated Display Modules features a 30 pin ZIF socket, designed for a 30 pin FPC cable, for easy and simple connection to an application or mother board, or for connecting to accessory boards for a range of functionality advancements.
The gen4 series of modules has been designed to minimise the impact of display related circuitry, and provide a platform suitable for integration into a product. Application boards can sit flush on the back of the gen4 if required, as the display related electronics sit inside the plastic mounting base, leaving the application board surface clear for User circuitry.
Models in this size:
- gen4-uLCD-50D-AR (non Touch, without Cover Lens Bezel)
- gen4-uLCD-50DT-AR (Resistive Touch, without Cover Lens Bezel)
- gen4-uLCD-50D-CLB-AR (non Touch, Cover Lens Bezel)
- gen4-uLCD-50DCT-CLB-AR (capacitive Touch, Cover Lens Bezel)
- gen4-uLCD-50D-SB-AR (non Touch, without Cover Lens Bezel, Super Bright)
- gen4-uLCD-50DT-SB-AR (Resistive Touch, without Cover Lens Bezel, Super Bright)
- gen4-uLCD-50D-CLB-SB-AR (non Touch, without Cover Lens Bezel, Super Bright)
- gen4-uLCD-50DCT-CLB-SB-AR (capacitive touch, Cover Lens Bezel, Super Bright)
Information about the display module
- Powerful 5.0” Intelligent LCD-TFT display module powered by DIABLO16.
- 800 x 480 Resolution, RGB 65K true to life colours, TFT Screen with integrated 4-wire Resistive Touch Panel (on DT model only), integrated Capacitive Touch (on DCT model only), or non-touch.
- 6 banks of 32750 bytes of Flash memory for User Application Code and Data.
- 32Kb of SRAM purely for the User.
- 16 General Purpose I/O pins for user interfacing, which include 4 configurable Analog Inputs.
- The GPIO is variously configurable for alternative functions such as:
- 3x I2C channels available.
- 1x SPI dedicated for SD Card and 3x configurable SPI channels available.
- 1x dedicated and 3x configurable TTL Serial comm ports available.
- Up to 6 GPIO can be used as Pin Counters.
- Up to 6 GPIO for PWM (simple and Servo).
- Up to 10 GPIO for Pulse Output.
- Up to 14 GPIO can be configured for Quadrature Encoder Inputs (2 channels).
- 30pin FPC connection, for all signals, power, communications, GPIO and programming.
- On-board latch type micro-SD memory card connector for multimedia storage and data logging purposes.
- DOS compatible file access (FAT16 format) as well as low level access to card memory.
- Dedicated PWM Audio pin driven by WAV files from micro-SD card, and for sound generation, for an external amplifier.
- Display full colour images, animations, icons and video clips.
- Supports all available Windows fonts.
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply).
- Module dimensions:
- (D): 142.8 x 77.9 x 6.6mm.
- (D-CLB): 140.7 x 93.8 x 7.4mm.
- (DT): 142.8 x 77.9 x 7.8mm.
- (DCT-CLB): 140.7 x 93.8 x 8.2mm.
- 4x mounting tabs with 4.2mm holes for mechanical mounting using M4 screws (D and DT only).RoHS and REACH compliant.
- CE Compliant – please ask for CE declarations from our Support Team.
The gen4-uLCD-50DCT-CLB-AR includes the following items:
- 4D Arduino Adaptor Shield-II
- 150 mm FFC Cable
- 5-way female-to-female ribbon cable with male-to-male adaptor
- Getting Started Manual Available as a Download
If you are a first time user and just beginning your development, we strongly recommend purchasing a Starter Kit of this same model as it includes additional items that allow you to get started with your development immediately.
Starter Kit part number is SK-gen4-50DCT-CLB-AR.