7.0″ gen4 Series Intelligent Display Module with DIABLO16 Graphics Controller
The gen4 7.0” Diablo16 Integrated Display Modules are part of the latest gen4 series of modules Designed and Manufactured by 4D Systems.
The gen4 series was designed specifically for ease of integration and use, with careful consideration for space requirements and functionality.
This specific gen4 module features a 7.0” colour TFT LCD display, with non-Touch (D), Resistive Touch (DT), Capacitive Touch (DCT), or Capacitive Touch with CLB (DCT-CLB). It also features a Wide Viewing Angle (WVA) option, giving IPS-like viewing angles compared to a standard TN display. It is powered by the feature-rich 4D Labs Diablo16 Graphics Processor, which offers an array of functionality and options for any Designer/Integrator/User.
The Diablo16 processor features include 16 customisable GPIO, capable of PWM, Serial, I2C, SPI, Pulse Out, Quadrature Input, and Analog Input.
The 7.0” Diablo16 Integrated Display Module features a TFT LCD Display, capable of Touch Detection, microSD memory Storage, GPIO and Communications, and multiple millisecond resolution timers Audio Generation.
The gen4 Series is 100% compatible with the Workshop4 IDE and its 4 different development environments, providing the user with a wealth of options for programming and controlling their system.
The gen4 series of Integrated Display Modules feature a 30 pin ZIF socket, designed for a 30-pin FFC cable, for easy and simple connection to an application or mother board, or for connecting to accessory boards for a range of functionality advancements.
The gen4 series of modules have been designed to minimise the impact of display-related circuitry and provide a platform suitable for integration into a product. Application boards can sit flush on the back of the gen4 display module if required, as the display-related electronics sit inside the plastic mounting base, leaving the application board surface clear for User circuitry.
Models in this size:
- gen4-uLCD-70D (non Touch, without Cover Lens Bezel)
- gen4-uLCD-70DT (Resistive Touch, without Cover Lens Bezel)
- gen4-uLCD-70D-CLB (non-Touch, Cover Lens Bezel)
- gen4-uLCD-70DCT (Capacitive-Touch, without Cover Lens Bezel)
- gen4-uLCD-70DCT-CLB (Capacitive Touch, with Cover Lens Bezel)
- gen4-uLCD-70D-SB (non Touch, without Cover Lens Bezel, Superbright Display)
- gen4-uLCD-70DT-SB (Resistive Touch, without Cover Lens Bezel, Superbright Display)
- gen4-uLCD-70D-CLB-SB (non-Touch, Cover Lens Bezel, Superbright Display)
- gen4-uLCD-70DCT-CLB-SB (Capacitive Touch, Cover Lens Bezel, Superbright Display)
- gen4-uLCD-70D-WVA (non Touch, without Cover Lens Bezel, Wide Viewing Angles)
- gen4-uLCD-70DT-WVA (Resistive Touch, without Cover Lens Bezel, Wide Viewing Angles)
- gen4-uLCD-70DCT-WVA (Capacitive Touch, without Cover Lens Bezel, Wide Viewing Angles)
- gen4-uLCD-70DCT-CLB-WVA (Capacitive Touch, with Cover Lens Bezel, Wide Viewing Angles)
Information about the display module
- Powerful 7.0” Intelligent LCD-TFT display module powered by DIABLO16.
- 800 x 480 Resolution, RGB 65K true to life colours, TFT Screen with integrated 4-wire Resistive Touch Panel (on DT model only), integrated Capacitive Touch (on DCT model only), or non-touch.
- Wide Viewing Angle (WVA) options are available.
- 6 banks of 32750 bytes of Flash memory for User Application Code and Data.
- 32Kb of SRAM purely for the User.
- 16 General Purpose I/O pins for user interfacing, which include 4 configurable Analog Inputs.
- The GPIO is variously configurable for alternative functions such as:
- 3x I2C channels available.
- 1x SPI dedicated for SD Card and 3x configurable SPI channels available.
- 1x dedicated and 3x configurable TTL Serial comm ports are available.
- Up to 6 GPIO can be used as Pin Counters.
- Up to 6 GPIO for PWM (simple and Servo).
- Up to 10 GPIO for Pulse Output.
- Up to 14, GPIO can be configured for Quadrature Encoder Inputs (2 channels).
- 30pin FPC connection, for all signals, power, communications, GPIO and programming.
- Onboard latch-type micro-SD memory card connector for multimedia storage and data logging purposes.
- DOS-compatible file access (FAT16 format) as well as low-level access to card memory.
- Dedicated PWM Audio pin driven by WAV files from micro-SD card, and for sound generation, for an external amplifier.
- Display full colour images, animations, icons, and video clips.
- Supports all available Windows fonts.
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply).
- 4x mounting tabs with 4.0mm holes for mechanical mounting using M4 screws (D/DT/DCT).
- 3M Adhesive around the perimeter of CLB for mounting the CLB models
- RoHS and REACH compliant.
- CE Compliant – please ask for CE declarations from our Support Team.
- PCB is UL 94V-0 Flammability Rated.
- Module dimensions:
- (D): 187.0 x 102.1 x 7.2mm.
- (D-CLB): 190.1 x 121.9 x 7.3mm.
- (DT): 187.0 x 102.1 x 8.3mm.
- (DCT): 177.0 x 102.1 x 8.95mm
- (DCT-CLB): 190.1 x 121.9 x 8.2mm.
The gen4-uLCD-70DCT-CLB includes the following items:
- gen4-uLCD-70DCT-CLB Intelligent Display Module wth Bezel
- gen4-IB Interface Board
- 30-way 150mm FFC Cable
- Getting Started Manual available as a Download
If you are a first-time user and just beginning your development, we strongly recommend purchasing a Starter Kit of this same model as it includes additional items that allow you to get started with your development immediately.
Starter Kit part number is SK-gen4-70DCT-CLB.